Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
As noted a few pages back, commercial developments tend to be far more often "on time" - residential developers are far more optimistic about completion dates as evidenced by the high % of owners who have occupancy moved forward. The experience with commercial developments shows that it CAN be done!

This is because residential developments can just send out letters to purchasers telling them that there will be a delay while commercial developments are tied to leases with serious financial penalties if dates are missed.

This is because residential developments can just send out letters to purchasers telling them that there will be a delay while commercial developments are tied to leases with serious financial penalties if dates are missed.

Should be that way for residential buildings as well. Purchasers treated like crap, really.

Should be that way for residential buildings as well. Purchasers treated like crap, really.

Commercial leases involve lawyers from day one. Most residential purchases or leases don't see their lawyers until AFTER they sign the agreement. Same with automobile purchases or leases.

Commercial leases involve lawyers from day one. Most residential purchases or leases don't see their lawyers until AFTER they sign the agreement. Same with automobile purchases or leases.

Builders should stick to their timelines regardless if the client is commercial or residential.

20181103_170958.jpg

I'm back from a flooded Venice. I got trapped in my hotel because the first floor was flooded up to the armpits in mixed sewage/sea water and what the heck it's Thursday. It's getting difficult to take a landscape photos of either side of this site so from now on I guess it's just portraits from me.

Westside:

IMG_1308.jpeg

Eastside:

IMG_1309.jpeg

A closer look at forming for level 02 of the bus depot

IMG_1312.jpeg

A closer view of the forming for the bus ramps. The interior level 01 to level 02 up-ramp is next to 18 Yonge St. and the interior level 02 to level 01 down-ramp is being formed adjacent left

IMG_1311.jpeg

I'm back from a flooded Venice. I got trapped in my hotel because the first floor was flooded up to the armpits in mixed sewage/sea water and what the heck it's Thursday. It's getting difficult to take a landscape photos of either side of this site so from now on I guess it's just portraits from me.

Westside:

View attachment 163132

Eastside:

View attachment 163133

View attachment 163134

A closer view of the forming for the bus ramps. The interior level 01 to level 02 up-ramp is next to 18 Yonge St. and the interior level 02 to level 01 down-ramp is being formed adjacent left

View attachment 163135
Welcome back!
Stitched:
Untitled_Panorama1.jpg

Westside:

View attachment 163132

Eastside:

View attachment 163133

View attachment 163134

View attachment 163135

Talking about "flooding". Where the CIBC Square will be located is in the "waters of Toronto Harbour". From link.
s1465_fl0071_id0010.jpg

s1465_fl0071_id0009.jpg

s1465_fl0071_id0011.jpg

The lake is slowly disappearing. A few more days.
7DB817E8-4DB4-4C20-8570-5A86DCB75DF6.jpeg

This car is either;
A found the only fee parking spot in the city,
B setting up for a speed trap,
C a lost EB Queens Quay driver looking for the subway entrance
D trying to hide from the boss (sorry), or
E parking in a safe spot away from the falling concrete debris of the aging Gardiner Expressway.
45DD1BBE-8E60-45A8-9406-2ED7688A399A.jpeg

A few more hours left in this lake view. Thanks 16 York. :)
911968BE-A582-48BC-BBBD-1310D39EDDAE.jpeg

Sammmy has a nice view.
Good to have michael62 back

Back