Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I have you from the other side @Michael62

20180726_161828.jpg

Can someone explain how I got 20 likes on my post?

Also, is there any way for the rail park to be connected with the roof for the Union train shed? Having a small area where rain can go pass through isn't a real issue, but it just looks a bit off.

A Monday Rising Surprise!

Looking out the window while doing the dishes and to my surprise, the first southerly section of the interior core is rising. All the rebar and inserts have been set and will be ready for a pour sometime this week.

IMG_0780.jpg

IMG_0778.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0780.jpg
    IMG_0780.jpg
    327.5 KB · Views: 614
  • IMG_0779.jpg
    IMG_0779.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 568
  • IMG_0778.jpg
    IMG_0778.jpg
    320.2 KB · Views: 773
Driving under the Gardiner this morning and grabbed this shot. Pretty soon I won't be able to read the core signage (prob a few weeks)!

20180731_091930_resized.jpg

Attachments

• 20180731_091930_resized.jpg
    20180731_091930_resized.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 578
While shooting the site today, I noticed it was at grade for 3/4 of it and this tower is going to be Structural Steel framing. Since this is a climbing core by itself and can see anchors in the concrete deck, it has to be a steel building. It's odd seeing steel framing when most are concrete these day like 16 York St, One York and so on. The 2 BA towers were steel, with some steel in the EY building. Even 88 Atlanta 5 story building is steel framing.

A good chunk of the ramp to Yonge St is built.

The steel for the park looks like it has gone as far as it can until the 2nd tower is built. The steel stops about track 4 number the old way or track 6 the new way.

By the end of Aug, everything should be fully at grade.

Have lots of photos, but now up to over 2,000 in the back log. Shot a hell a lot more photos today than I plan on doing

80 Atlantic is heavy timber framing - not steel.

Ok, this thing is flying up. Every time I walk by, it seems to be further up than it was a few days earlier. When is it expected to be complete? This Fall? :D

While shooting the site today, I noticed it was at grade for 3/4 of it and this tower is going to be Structural Steel framing. Since this is a climbing core by itself and can see anchors in the concrete deck, it has to be a steel building. It's odd seeing steel framing when most are concrete these day like 16 York St, One York and so on. The 2 BA towers were steel, with some steel in the EY building. Even 88 Atlanta 5 story building is steel framing.

It's clear that the lobby/podium is going to be structural steel (the anchor plates for the columns are visible), but is it not still possible that they throw down a transfer slab and switch to reinforced concrete for the tower section? We've seen that kind of construction before in Toronto (one example is the condo at Dundas/University, and I believe the new Four Season also has concrete over a steel podium in some areas).

It makes a lot of sense for the lower levels to be steel (especially with the bridge connection for the park, and the high overhead clearances for the bus bays), and I'd like to see more steel go up in Toronto, but I could've sworn someone told me this was going to be another concrete tower.

Back