Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Agree with those who suggest a different glass in the central ‘groove’ would’ve been a good touch. I’m sure there were reasons why not though. I wonder too if we’ve all spent too long looking at the diamond glass now. I want to see the lobby glass and the crown at the top emerge. If theyre as crisp as the rest of it I’d say Toronto hasn’t done badly out of this one.

Be careful what you wish for - using a different glass could turn out quite horribly. For one you could end up with a situation where the groove - not the diamonds - drawing the eyes.

AoD

Be careful what you wish for - using a different glass could turn out quite horribly. For one you could end up with a situation where the groove - not the diamonds - drawing the eyes.

AoD

Exactly. Good design is CRAP.

Contrast, Repetition, Alignment, and Proximity. A different shade of glass would stick out like a sore thumb and feel like a project that is 90% ideated. A better way to achieve the effect they're after would have been to undulate the edge diamonds the same way the centre diamonds have been.

This morning
IMG_20191213_111701.jpg
IMG_20191213_111654.jpg

Friday the 13th, Friday

Westside TOP

IMG_2531.jpeg

MIDDLE

IMG_2532.jpeg

BOTTOM

IMG_2533.jpeg

Eastside GENERAL with the glass for the lowrise building almost complete.

IMG_2534.jpeg

Close - I was hoping for a whirly-gig but I think is a small crane being assembled

IMG_2537.jpeg

Closer - small crane assembly to dismantle Crane#3

IMG_2535.jpeg

Closest - Final post and beam assembly to enclose the emergency stairs

IMG_2536.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday the 13th, Friday

Westside TOP

View attachment 220021

MIDDLE

View attachment 220022

BOTTOM

View attachment 220023

Eastside GENERAL with the glass for the lowrise building almost complete.

View attachment 220024

Close - I was hoping for a whirly-gig but I think is a small crane being assembled

View attachment 220025

Closer - small crane assembly to dismantle Crane#3

View attachment 220026

Closest - Final post and beam assembly to enclose the emergency stairs

View attachment 220027
Stitched!!
Untitled_Panorama-1.jpg

Back