Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Yeah. It's disappointing it's not taller. Not sure why didn't they make it taller. There is certainly demand for new office space in downtown Toronto. This building could have been easily over 300m
But instead we get two of them isn’t that enough. They could potentially increase the second tower no? Or is this to late

I wish they could acquire 18 Yonge (which is an architecturally devoid waste of space), raze the whole building and come up with a 3rd tower. Now that would create for one of the most dynamic complexes in the city.

But of course what would you do with the hundreds of residents living in that building ;)

Taken yesterday....plus two from early this morning.

CIBC1.jpg

Escalator work...

CIBC2.jpg

So many varied looks of these glass faces depending on the vantage, weather and time of day.

CIBC3.jpg

CIBC4.jpg

CIBC5.jpg

Pre-dawn...

CIBC6.jpg

Post-dawn...

CIBC7.jpg

^^^ The final height probably is going to be at the top of the crane on the left, which isn't much lower than the one on the right. Remember, there's going to be a big crown above the elevator core.
Not quite that tall. The crown is equivalent to about 6 floors from the top of the core.

Agree with those who suggest a different glass in the central ‘groove’ would’ve been a good touch. I’m sure there were reasons why not though. I wonder too if we’ve all spent too long looking at the diamond glass now. I want to see the lobby glass and the crown at the top emerge. If theyre as crisp as the rest of it I’d say Toronto hasn’t done badly out of this one.

That’s exactly why we want it taller.. obvious this can’t happen however yes it means we all think it’s beautiful. And want more of it... because it’s just that good. Having a set of these will me amazing. If they are still glong ahead with phase 2? i know they have to move the stations there first.

Back