Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
This is probably verging on excessive, but what the heck, here's another pic:

20190820_170107.jpg

Wowzer

48585927222_50c6d136f9_h.jpg

I think I missed a core jump on my last post, so apologies for a much more aggressive jump than in reality. In any case, it looks like we're 2ish floors away from the penultimate setback (structurally topping out the southern part of the tower), and then one final setback for the norther portion. Curious as to why they haven't put up steel on the norther setback, the first setback had steel growing from it almost immediately (and continues to be the highest point of steel on the build).

From Corktown (including a wee glimpse of glass on north face in first pic). Then several close-ups. (Getting my diamond fix after being away).

CIBC.1.jpg

CIBC.2.jpg

CIBC.3.jpg

Delivery of 'stuff'...plus inside the dark volume seen below is what looks like some serious plumbing...

CIBC.4.jpg

CIBC.5.jpg

Additional framing within those large columns....

CIBC.6.jpg

CIBC.7.jpg

CIBC.8.jpg

CIBC.9.jpg

CIBC.10.jpg

CIBC.11.jpg

The importance of quality (and interesting) glass...

CIBC.12.jpg

Steel delivery (and love the way the white fins accentuate the diamonds on an angle).

CIBC13.jpg

CIBC14.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you for those pics Skycandy. And, SPEAKING of glass, I brought this up on this thread a few weeks ago and finally saw it yesterday.
On Tuesday, Aug 20 at 6:30am I flipped over to Kiddie TV (CP24 Breakfast) for the weather and the traffic cam in the lower right screen box showed the view pointing West from the Gardiner and those cars coming in from the East were facing a FIREBALL of a rising sun off this brilliant glass. Given the current height of the glass it probably didn't last too long, but I can only imagine a clear day in summer or winter when completed - and the 'new' distraction for drivers coming along the Gardiner from East in the morning and driving in from the West during sunset. Yowza.

Back