Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Off Topic, why is the Gardiner built with such crummy material that is always breaking apart. This is a relatively new section of gardiner and already there is significant erosion.
I think road salt eating away at steel and freeze/thaw cycles spalling concrete are the main reasons

Sunday
2F140E73-2B30-47C5-B536-0A209489F6D4.jpeg

Thursday
838F385E-9198-4AC4-83C1-9C6CBAD416EC.jpeg

6th floor poured but what’s hidding on 5?
50731B57-851D-473F-BA0B-461C059CCB49.jpeg

3rd floor mechanical room
29F93E30-1EA3-461F-A978-5B939EB2B16E.jpeg

Is it possible to get the Bus Depot opened before the Construction on the building ends? I ask because as soon as the Bus Depot is functioning construction can begin on Phase II.

With Greyhound relocating, it should usher in a massive redevelopment for the Toronto Coach Terminal, the Bus Bays and the adjoining parking lots. Lots of Prime real-estate waiting to be re-developed.
Westward PATH extension from the Atrium would be possible too!

Several blocks in that area would be ripe for development as soon as the Coach Terminal goes, although probably limited in height due to the hospital flight paths.

Drippy Friday

Westside Story: More steel posts going up, more metal decking going down. No Jump yet!

A closer looks at the clips and risers being assembled for the window system arriving in the future, while a couple of engineers and their minions inspect the next floor that will be getting a concrete pour.

Eastside Story:

A general shot of the east side of the construction

A closer look at the east wall, and some inner curved walls that continue to form the up and down bus ramps

And now showing a truss system that is being created and some post-tension steelwork in preparation of the 3rd level maintenance floor. I'm wondering if this part of the building will continue to be constructed in steel now that we're mostly past the bus depot levels

Drippy Friday

Westside Story: More steel posts going up, more metal decking going down. No Jump yet!

View attachment 176738

View attachment 176739

A closer looks at the clips and risers being assembled for the window system arriving in the future, while a couple of engineers and their minions inspect the next floor that will be getting a concrete pour.

View attachment 176740

Eastside Story:

A general shot of the east side of the construction

View attachment 176741

A closer look at the east wall, and some inner curved walls that continue to form the up and down bus ramps

View attachment 176742

And now showing a truss system that is being created and some post-tension steelwork in preparation of the 3rd level maintenance floor. I'm wondering if this part of the building will continue to be constructed in steel now that we're mostly past the bus depot levels

View attachment 176743
A @Michael62 stitcharoo:

Back