Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Back to Work Friday

Not much progress this week because of the cold. On Wednesday morning about 8:15 while I was waiting for the Bay bus a whole crew of workers were leaving the site. There must be a thing that you show for work, then have the construction heads determine that it's too cold to work then decide to send them home. During the week there seems to be a skeleton crew that takes deliveries. There also appears to be a crew that works inside the core and in the parking garage below.

IMG_1521.jpeg

IMG_1522.jpeg

IMG_1523.jpeg

Finally, a new set of columns for the colonnade have arrived

IMG_1524.jpeg

Back to Work Friday

Not much progress this week because of the cold. On Wednesday morning about 8:15 while I was waiting for the Bay bus a whole crew of workers were leaving the site. There must be a thing that you show for work, then have the construction heads determine that it's too cold to work then decide to send them home. During the week there seems to be a skeleton crew that takes deliveries. There also appears to be a crew that works inside the core and in the parking garage below.

View attachment 172810

View attachment 172811

View attachment 172812

Finally, a new set of columns for the colonnade have arrived

View attachment 172813
@Michael62 update stitched!
Untitled_Panorama2.jpg

I've been following this project for a few months now but haven't seen the blueprint/plans. What's the plan with the lower portion of the south core?

Attachments

• img-cibc-agf-1005x670.jpg
    img-cibc-agf-1005x670.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 391
  • img-cibc-agf-1005x670.jpg
    img-cibc-agf-1005x670.jpg
    497.2 KB · Views: 403
At least it will be impressive from the Gardiner ;). Also it will look great from the helicopter shots for Leafs and Raptors games.
Ha ha - can hardly blame them for not including the Gardiner. Looking at the state of that concrete it might be the view you get sooner than you think...

You're right though it will look good as you drive along the Gardiner - until the collapse...

Last edited:
At least it will be impressive from the Gardiner ;). Also it will look great from the helicopter shots for Leafs and Raptors games.

Depending on the broadcaster. There's still a lot of stock video footage being rolled out that was filmed years ago. Every once in a while I'll see footage w/o L Tower or BA West. What buildings that are shown are a good indication of when the footage is from. I'll be looking forward to new shots with CIBC Square in the not-too-distant future.

Back