Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Commercial tenancy contracts are air tight. There is no room for delays.

CIBC has an expectation to be moving in from July 2020 - building has to be ready!

Which just goes to show that developers COULD keep to residential completion dates if they were forced to!

It's not just CIBC Square. 16 York St is also going up incredibly quickly. Not sure how or why but these new highrise buildings are going up at a breakneck pace.

Freezy Friday

Westside Story: Almost at the same point as last week just more UP! Nothing new to report so I won't :p

IMG_1051.jpeg

Eastside Story: Ground Level 01 is complete

IMG_1052.jpeg

Closer look reveals more work is progressing on the north wall and some concrete was poured between the tracks and 18 Yonge St which, unfortunately, is out of my view

IMG_1053.jpeg

Trackside: Additional Steel has been added connecting the elevated park to 45 Bay

IMG_1054.jpeg

Bay St South PATH pedestrian bridge work in Progress: After 4 or 5 weeks of intensive digging and pouring, the foundation is looking a little underwhelming at the moment

IMG_1047.jpeg

Closer look at the PATH foundation work. The workers are certainly very neat when it comes to cleaning up after themselves. This is not 'pee' on the wall it's a constant babbling brook from the tracks above, which of course could be 'pee' from above.

IMG_1045.jpeg

Finally the east side of the Bay St South PATH connection a wall is being constructed

IMG_1049.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1051.jpeg
    IMG_1051.jpeg
    417.2 KB · Views: 904
  • IMG_1052.jpeg
    IMG_1052.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 844
  • IMG_1053.jpeg
    IMG_1053.jpeg
    354.4 KB · Views: 870
  • IMG_1054.jpeg
    IMG_1054.jpeg
    194.4 KB · Views: 884
  • IMG_1047.jpeg
    IMG_1047.jpeg
    213.3 KB · Views: 848
  • IMG_1045.jpeg
    IMG_1045.jpeg
    209.2 KB · Views: 832
  • IMG_1049.jpeg
    IMG_1049.jpeg
    253.2 KB · Views: 875
Freezy Friday

Westside Story: Almost at the same point as last week just more UP! Nothing new to report so I won't :p

View attachment 159563

Eastside Story: Ground Level 01 is complete

View attachment 159567

Closer look reveals more work is progressing on the north wall and some concrete was poured between the tracks and 18 Yonge St which, unfortunately, is out of my view

View attachment 159570

Trackside: Additional Steel has been added connecting the elevated park to 45 Bay

View attachment 159573

Bay St South PATH pedestrian bridge work in Progress: After 4 or 5 weeks of intensive digging and pouring, the foundation is looking a little underwhelming at the moment

View attachment 159578

Closer look at the PATH foundation work. The workers are certainly very neat when it comes to cleaning up after themselves. This is not 'pee' on the wall it's a constant babbling brook from the tracks above, which of course could be 'pee' from above.

View attachment 159585

Finally the east side of the Bay St South PATH connection a wall is being constructed

View attachment 159622

Definitely chuckled at your 'pee' comments probably way more than I should have. Just thought you should know. :)

Glass installation starts in December. The second floor of the bus portion appears to be a concrete pour with the remaining 4 or so storeys steel. Also, hard to tell however from a animation I saw of the tower being constructed it appears the second tower starts construction before the first one is done. suggesting the bus terminal may start operation before there finished the first tower however no confirmation (I may be able to get that info at a later date). CIBC will cut its building count from 22 to 10... although dont know which 8 they will be keeping.

Back