Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
I recall someone emailing the city on the Union thread, and it’ll be replaced in 2022 or something like that. They funny part is there are permanent metal bollards in some sections and at Fairmont, not sure why they couldn’t just installed it along the full length of the station. Or use the leftover planters from CafeTO or King street pilot.
I have a similar recollection to @Amare and recall that after the van attack the City said the Union bollards didn't have enough reinforcement to stop a vehicle. I believe their intended purpose was just a deterrent, relying on an assumption that drivers wouldn't want their vehicles to be damaged.

I have a similar recollection to @Amare and recall that after the van attack the City said the Union bollards didn't have enough reinforcement to stop a vehicle. I believe their intended purpose was just a deterrent, relying on an assumption that drivers wouldn't want their vehicles to be damaged.
The City has plans (and maybe even $$) to finally replace the jersey barriers in 2022. They may have been necessary as a quick fix but it is really VERY poor that they are still there 3 years later. Shows a real lack of civic pride somewhere!

The City has plans (and maybe even $$) to finally replace the jersey barriers in 2022. They may have been necessary as a quick fix but it is really VERY poor that they are still there 3 years later. Shows a real lack of civic pride somewhere!
In my opinion it shows more than just a lack of civic pride, it's pure political ineptitude. In London UK, they had permanent bollards put in place just weeks after the various series of unfortunate incidents they had.

But in any case it's good to see that a private developer (Hines) acts quicker than government bureaucracy (as per usual).

In my opinion it shows more than just a lack of civic pride, it's pure political ineptitude. In London UK, they had permanent bollards put in place just weeks after the various series of unfortunate incidents they had.

But in any case it's good to see that a private developer (Hines) acts quicker than government bureaucracy (as per usual).
Though I agree it is inexcusable, I understand that the City has work to do below the Front St sidewalk and wants to do the new 'bollards' at same time. Of course, Front Street was completely redone for PanAm Games so why is there more underground city work to do......

I hope we don’t wait years to only get an incredibly long row of metal bollards, and that they’d incorporate some trees/planters and other features as well. Bringing it back to CIBC Sqaure, I like how they had trees on both sides, and have only a few bollards in the middle versus say First Canadian Place which has metal bollards wrapping around Bay and King.

DF7167FD-590D-4769-8DB4-9DCA6C71CE12.jpeg

Here is some outstanding pictures of this iconic tower.
Sometime when the building is at irs best, I feel it's one of the most impressive and futuristic buildings ever built in the world. 😍🌍

It seems to come from paradise.

Screenshot_2021-12-13-16-49-31-1.png
Screenshot_2021-12-13-16-52-47-1-1.png

Screenshot_2021-12-13-16-55-20-1.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-12-13-16-49-31-1.png
    Screenshot_2021-12-13-16-49-31-1.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 131
What's taking them so long to install that signage anyway? You would think CIBC would want their logo up and back on the skyline pronto.

Back