Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date

My only complaint about that new bus terminal, is on the inside where the waiting area is, the glass is frosted at the bottom so you can't see the bottom half of the garage or busses when you're waiting for one.

Last edited:
My only complaint about that new bus terminal, is on the inside where the waiting area is, the glass is frosted at the bottom so you can't see the bottom have of the garage or busses when you're waiting for one.
I never quite understood why they have the glass frosted like that. It's not like they're hiding anything obscene from children...they're just buses pulling up to port. /sigh

I never quite understood why they have the glass frosted like that. It's not like they're hiding anything obscene from children...they're just buses pulling up to port. /sigh

I know, and as weird as it sounds, people like to see that stuff. I guess there logic was "who want's to see a dark grey garage while waiting? We'll frost the bottom so you don't see that".

My best guess is it helps diffuse the bus headlights shining into the terminal.
Huh, I never thought about that. The buses do pull in perpendicular to the waiting area as opposed parallel like with the previous terminal...so that's entirely plausible.

Here's Part 5 of 5 taken on September 2, 2021

Yonge and Harbour:

IMG_1501.jpg
IMG_1502.jpg
IMG_1503.jpg

New HQ vs old HQ with logo removed. So much change is happening.

Attachments

• 7675629B-EBD0-47CD-B0E8-4DEA8DA703A6.jpeg
    7675629B-EBD0-47CD-B0E8-4DEA8DA703A6.jpeg
    189.9 KB · Views: 93
  • 08CFE499-7EF4-4CEB-BE14-2D6015DC8E24.jpeg
    08CFE499-7EF4-4CEB-BE14-2D6015DC8E24.jpeg
    180.6 KB · Views: 91
The logos finally come off Commerce Court West. Does that mean we should expect logos going up on this tower shortly? I was wondering when they were finally gonna add them.

TD's new logo on Brookfield Place is looking solid as well.
Little rumour. Laurentian Bank is supposed to put their logo on there. They have a tech sub based here and they are heavy in CCW. Just some inside info. May not happen but they want a presence on the skyline.

Back