Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
These are awesome photos everyone. I can’t help but think when I am carrying out my weekly errands on the weekends and I see someone with cameras and a backpack and tripod that it might be one of you. I’m tempted to ask, but observe at a distance. Your photos are inspiring, show reverence. Well done!

Most of the MINT towers aren't all-glass towers, though. Royal Bank Plaza is the only one, but it's a masterpiece with its gold-tinted glass.
At this point, since this is not my field of expertise, I'll surmise based on the location, clientele and prominence, they'll likely last long enough. As I am fairly certain that no expense was cut that would of accelerate deterioration for this building otherwise.

I hope I'm wrong but i don't think the 2nd phase will break ground for another year or two
As mentioned previously a few times in this thread, the 2nd phase is going ahead early this year. Not sure where you're getting "another year or two"

December construction update: http://www.cibcsquare.com/community/#updates
Demolition of the existing structure at 141 Bay street has commenced. This demolition will prepare the site for shoring and excavation work targeted to begin in February 2021.

Amazing what a simple accent can do to make a "glass wall" more dynamic. If only something similar could have been done to the Bay and Adelaide Centre or 100 Queens Quay.

Are they still demolishing? its been a while since we've seen the phase 2 site
There are posts in this thread showing the phase 2 site as recently as February 12th!

Phase 2 underway.
AC429593-5BD1-430F-A67B-959E81325FAD.jpeg

879E20DC-FA67-4C36-A4BC-DFFBC8B55FB4.jpeg

Are they still demolishing? its been a while since we've seen the phase 2 site
It's easy to forget just how long they were just digging on Phase 1. The Phase 2 site is even more constrained - they'll be scrabbling in the dirt for a while I reckon.

I stumbled on this great presentation on the structural engineering of CIBC Square. A must watch for AEC enthusiasts, with some excellent BIM animations.
This video also features an image of what appears to be an earlier design that featured sky gardens and an exterior diagrid system, that was later value engineered to achieve a similar effect.

74F4169A-D9B4-4E8E-BCBD-C3BCE3DE9FD3.png

Back