Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Screenshot_20210110-114849_Instagram.jpg

Last edited:
i hope in the next 10-15 years someone can buy those high-rises and buildings and build something much better.

edit: i dont mind even if Pinnacle decides to rebuild those as long as quality is better or atleast as good as One Yonge.

i hope in the next 10-15 years someone can buy those high-rises and buildings and build something much better.

edit: i dont mind even if Pinnacle decides to rebuild those as long as quality is better or atleast as good as One Yonge.
If you're going to buy every individual condo and demolish the building on top of paying for the land and building something larger you may as well just build a "Hudson Yards" like development over the rail lines behind it

If you're going to buy every individual condo and demolish the building on top of paying for the land and building something larger you may as well just build a "Hudson Yards" like development over the rail lines behind it
That would probably take 75 years to make economic sense.

@ushahid Pinnacle was just the developer. The condo units are owned by individual owners, like all condos. The land and common elements are owned by the condo corporation, of which the owners are members. I seem to recall Pinnacle holding on to owning the public parking, but that might just be bad memory/a dream/hallucination on my part.

In order for anyone to buy the entire complex, I believe they would have to convince 80% of the thousands of unit owners to sell. Like condovo said, better to eventually re-clad them, preferably with a hybrid window-wall system with slim to no mullions and superior pre-cast/other materials.

Back