• Start date
P1210926.jpg

P1210915.jpg

P1210923.jpg

Far west side...

P1210921.jpg

P1210918.jpg

P1210925.jpg

It more or less reaches over to it though...
If they want to think on those lines, then they can say at the edge of the Financial District. But no, they like to call it the heart!

What is Bay & King then? Butt? Well, technically, butt is in the centre of the body when someone is standing but I am digressing here.

Whenever a developer says "heart of ________", it's safe to assume that it will be nowhere close to the centre of _________.

If they want to think on those lines, then they can say at the edge of the Financial District. But no, they like to call it the heart!

What is Bay & King then? Butt? Well, technically, butt is in the centre of the body when someone is standing but I am digressing here.

Whenever a developer says "heart of ________", it's safe to assume that it will be nowhere close to the centre of _________.
Without getting into blowing each others' No True Scotsman bagpipes...as I've indicated that heart has be growing over the last few decades. And is creeping both Southerly and Westerly. The HUB, this project, 160 Front, Union Centre and Union Park are all big prominent bank'ish buildings that are being added to our business core, without necessarily being in our original business core. Hence it's growing. So in the end, they are likely within the right to make that claim.

Phase 2 is actually substantially leased.

Also, could we please stop discussing this fictional reduced demand for office space.

Yes, a few folks are subletting.

But there is still lots of demand for office space in the Toronto market.

(yes, I'm sure) ;)

That could all change; but it hasn't yet; and I would be surprised to see that happen in the near term.
Exactly. People are panicking as if companies are leaving in droves to other places. Yes Toronto's vancy rate is really high right now, but that doesn't mean that it'll be permanent. This is Toronto, not Montreal, Vancouver or Calgary. We have multiple companies invested in the city and not just one. There would have to be a terrible situation for the city to shut down and have companies leave by the masses.

. Yes Toronto's vancy rate is really high right now, but that doesn't mean that it'll be permanent. This is Toronto, not Montreal, Vancouver or Calgary. We have multiple companies invested in the city and not just one. There would have to be a terrible situation for the city to shut down and have companies leave by the masses.
Not really that high, its gone from 1.5 to 4% vacancy rate, probably still one of the lowest in North America

Back