Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
898BB870-0CF9-44B5-BC62-AAEBD72730E0.jpeg

This is a beauty from every angle. Taken April 28:

View attachment 243258
WilkinsonEyre has done some great work in Toronto, they nailed it with CIBC Square and the Eaton Centre pedestrian bridge; would love to see another project from them. Plus, it looks like they've had experience with supertalls (also with a diamond motif).

Not sure it was an opinion I was asking for. I was just wondering/confirming if that was in the works. /shrug

Most of these hi-tech LED fixtures with controllers are RGB colour changing lights, ...so yes it most likely will be able to change to different colours at any given time

Custom Color RGB LED Lighting Controller allows for an endless range of custom colors and brightness levels

Most of these hi-tech LED fixtures with controllers are RGB colour changing lights, ...so yes it most likely will be able to change to different colours at any given time

Custom Color RGB LED Lighting Controller allows for an endless range of custom colors and brightness levels
Hmmm... mixed feelings. There can be merit in subtlety - which seems a strange thing to say about a tower with big diamonds on it, but it's the refinement of each of the ingredients that lets the whole be so strong - if that makes any sense at all.

Good to see the feature lighting being tested though. It will need tuning once the main lights are all working I guess.

Anyone else notice the stairs inside the offices on Sikandar's night shot? Are those atrium spaces inside the tower?

Thanks for explaining that.

...personally, I like 'em loud and fabulous. But I'll be happy with just the way they are. :)

still not a fan of the stepped top on this (and eventually phase 2)... seems to me that the design and it's proximity to the lake would have been well suited to a sail themed roof treatment.

Back