Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Potentially dumb question, as I don't live in Toronto anymore and don't follow things way too closely - is the second CIBC square tower being built?

In case you missed it.

KOT_4034-HDR.jpg
KOT_5093.jpg

Great pics @skycandy Can anyone tell us what the crown is for? All mechanical ? Will it be glazed? The renderings show it will display the CIBC logo and it is shiny but I am unclear if that's glass or 'shiny siding'.

Great pics @skycandy Can anyone tell us what the crown is for? All mechanical ? Will it be glazed? The renderings show it will display the CIBC logo and it is shiny but I am unclear if that's glass or 'shiny siding'.

Thanks @DSC ....well if the renderings are any indication (and so far they appear to be), the crowns (hiding any mechanical, etc.) should be pretty spectacular, angled, glazed fins, which should capture the light in equally mesmerizing ways as the diamonds. And when they flip the switch for those hundreds of angled spot lights, this gem should gleam even more so.

Reactions: DSC
The completion of this building would be a really good time for CIBC to reveal a new logo

That conversation has popped up quite a bit throughout this thread and I think about it every time I look up at the tower. Arguably the worst logo of any of the major banks is going to mar the beautiful facade of these towers. At the very least, I hope if they use the current logo, they keep it a monotone silver instead of the yellow and red.

That conversation has popped up quite a bit throughout this thread and I think about it every time I look up at the tower. Arguably the worst logo of any of the major banks is going to mar the beautiful facade of these towers. At the very least, I hope if they use the current logo, they keep it a monotone silver instead of the yellow and red.
Please go with this :cool:

Outer and (taller) inner framing continues to engulf the peak. (First two pics yesterday morning from RP. Third pic taken 7 AM this morning. Fourth pic 8:30 AM....and final pic overview 8:30 AM. Need a @Contra update to see if there's more height coming to this framing!

Ok!
CIBC Square April 17.jpg

Timeline 2020.jpg

Back