20191102_153940.jpg

So
Poll needed:
Favourite mood?: based on recent pics on here

Dark and sinister
Steely iridescent blue
Sunset purple and orange
Sunrise yellow and black
Boring blue green - which does seem to happen too.

I am concerned how the glass is going to look like once the building is lit from inside. I doubt we will be seeing this blue shade of glass, day or night.

I am concerned how the glass is going to look like once the building is lit from inside. I doubt we will be seeing this blue shade of glass, day or night.
Shouldn’t change during the day. I’d hope the lights won’t be on inside then.
At night, you can’t read the diamonds anyway - well depends how those little spotlights will work I guess

+3

I'd have no issue with this one being a lot taller... how about another 32-40 floors as each diamond is 8 floors.

This is great ! The only thing I'm afraid may detract from its overall presence / elegance is in fact its clone i.e. the next phase. They're so close in height (though maybe there is some grade elevation difference at play) that they'll blend into each other creating a slab like / monotonous structure. The saving grace is they're separated enough that from close up I don't think this will be an issue but from further away ... east/west views of the skyline to be specific, it may be an issue.

I wish this were double the height. Elegant building - Anyone know if the diamonds will glow at night?
Agreed. If CIBC Square were double the height, it would still be shorter than the CN Tower, which would still allow visitors in the CN Tower mostly unobstructed views. CIBC Square could also have a small outdoor observation deck akin to 30 Rockefeller Center (Top of the Rock). If the diamonds glowed, then CIBC Square would no doubt be among Toronto's most iconic buildings.

Back