Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
That will be one massive pour on level 2. The floor looks thick.
I think someone dropped their car keys.
ACC636CA-583F-47FF-AEEE-FEB045E30F06.jpeg

38726CAA-2999-4227-959D-F59A59CE83D2.jpeg

Pouring up top. 10 York elevator coming down.
73F29DF9-CD57-41A9-951D-2DEC306E05B0.jpeg

Pretty sure hes talking about the elevator core which I dont think has actual floors you stand on - It's hollow. Someone correct me if Im wrong.

Largely hollow, but there will be crosswalls between the elevator banks and I presume there will be landings for where the elevators call. Not easy to tell if they get poured at the same time or follow a little later though.

Largely hollow, but there will be crosswalls between the elevator banks and I presume there will be landings for where the elevators call. Not easy to tell if they get poured at the same time or follow a little later though.
yes am talking a bout the elevators shaft guys.. not the actual floor as i know can't be done..yet..reason was asking i clocked the pour yesterday start @9 am and finished 10:30 pm..

Today
20181130_081815.jpg

More 'Up' Friday

Westside Story: They are in the process of rising up once again this week. A couple of weeks ago I lost my view of the TD pretend Mies building along Bay St and today I lose my view of the RBC building along Bay and Front. A few more weeks and BMO will disappear and so will my premium million dollar view :oops:

IMG_1353.jpeg

You may be able to see the workers on the two blue platforms (below) facing south, these platforms are specifically used to attach an 'L' shaped length of steel which acts as a shelf for the corrugated metal decking. They are working on the metal decking further down in this shot. The yellow thing hanging from the crane baffles me. I did, one day, see them using it to move preformed stairs into one of the open spaces in the core, but other than that they just seem to poke it into random holes here and there throughout the week. Are then any construction experts who are not proctologists that can explain this tool?

IMG_1354.jpeg

Eastside Story:

A general picture of the east side at the same zoom as the first two photos

IMG_1355.jpeg

A closer look shows them pouring part of the ramp for the bus exit from level 02. They are also working on the wall separating 18 Yonge from the new construction

IMG_1356.jpeg

And finally a closer look at the rebar and floor work for level 02. There is a tremendous amount of rebar and plastic tubing forming two very large beams north to south along the east and west side of what will be the bus bays on the second level. This pour looks like it is going to be very thick as you can see the height of the perimeter knee walls around the work area

IMG_1357.jpeg

Last edited:
More 'Up' Friday

Westside Story: They are in the process of rising up once again this week. A couple of weeks ago I lost my view of the TD pretend Mies building along Bay St and today I lose my view of the RBC building along Bay and Front. A few more weeks and BMO will disappear and so will my premium million dollar view :oops:

View attachment 165507

You may be able to see the workers on the two blue platforms (below) facing south, these platforms are specifically used to attach an 'L' shaped length of steel which acts as a shelf for the corrugated metal decking. You can see them working the metal decking on a little lower down in this shot. The yellow thing hanging from the crane baffles me. I did, one day, see them using it to move preformed stairs into one of the open spaces in the core, but other than that they just seem to poke it into random holes here and there throughout the week. Are then any construction experts who are not proctologists that can explain this tool?

View attachment 165508

Eastside Story:

View attachment 165511

A closer look shows them pouring part of the ramp for the bus exit from level 02. They are also working on the wall separating 18 Yonge from the new construction

View attachment 165512

And finally a closer look at the rebar and floor work for level 02. There is a tremendous amount of rebar and plastic tubing forming two very large beams north to south along the east and west side of what will be the bus bays on the second level. This pour looks like it is going to be very thick as you can see the height of the perimeter knee walls around the work area

View attachment 165514
TD pretend Mies building ? Love the photos.

You may be able to see the workers on the two blue platforms (below) facing south, these platforms are specifically used to attach an 'L' shaped length of steel which acts as a shelf for the corrugated metal decking where you can see them working on at a lower level. The yellow thing hanging from the crane baffles me, I did one day see them using it to move preformed stairs into one of the open spaces in the core, but other than that they just seem to poke it into random holes here and there throughout the week. Are then any construction experts who are not proctologists that can explain this tool?
It's a crane extension, it's used when the crane cannot reach certain places, like those core platforms.

More 'Up' Friday

View attachment 165507

You may be able to see the workers on the two blue platforms (below) facing south, these platforms are specifically used to attach an 'L' shaped length of steel which acts as a shelf for the corrugated metal decking. They are working on the metal decking further down in this shot. The yellow thing hanging from the crane baffles me. I did, one day, see them using it to move preformed stairs into one of the open spaces in the core, but other than that they just seem to poke it into random holes here and there throughout the week. Are then any construction experts who are not proctologists that can explain this tool?

View attachment 165508

Eastside Story:

View attachment 165511

View attachment 165512

View attachment 165514
wow that electrical blue print hard to make out.... but they did it..looks so thick. the floor...

Back