CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date

DSC

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Anyone know if the plan for these buildings is to build both above and below the rails?
You can see the plans on City website - Development Applications - and higher up in this thread but in answer to your question, no there is no significant building (except improving the teamway, under the tracks. The park area is above them.

Michael62

Member Bio
Reaction score
Crane One, Crane Two, Travelling Crane Three and a flying gib. How's that for artsy, fartsy photography

IMG_0292.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0292.jpg
    IMG_0292.jpg
    315 KB · Views: 390

enrigue8

Member Bio
Reaction score
Hi everyone !
I have been absent for a while
I improved my skills with photoshop and blender.
So,i made some new render using Google earth pictures again.
Just watch how beautiful it will be when it will be finished.
Please like my work ,comment and happy holidays everyone.

bay park hdd.jpg

bay park1.jpg

bay pac2.jpg

bay parc.jpg

bay.jpga.jpgs.jpg

Attachments

• bay park hdd.jpg
    bay park hdd.jpg
    503.4 KB · Views: 1,271
  • bay park1.jpg
    bay park1.jpg
    494.2 KB · Views: 476
  • bay pac2.jpg
    bay pac2.jpg
    360.2 KB · Views: 390
  • bay parc.jpg
    bay parc.jpg
    517.3 KB · Views: 365
  • bay.jpga.jpgs.jpg
    bay.jpga.jpgs.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 418

Edward Skira

http://skyrisecities.com
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
Yet they are the smallest of the 5 major Canadian banks. Go figure.

TD was the smallest back in the 1960's when they decided they needed something impressive for a headquarters. Hence the TD Centre. Today they are firmly number two in Canada.

ProjectEnd

Superstar
Member Bio
Reaction score
Interesting that CIBC has its name on two developments. Here at CIBC Square and the possible other one at Commerce Court 3.

They are only a tenant in this and have nothing to do with QuadReal's CC3 proposal. The latter has also been around for close to two years now so the bank would have been briefed to see if they wanted to occupy the space.

steveve

Member Bio
Reaction score

Looking down Bremer east of York Street will likely end up being be my favourite spot to view this when complete. This will also look great from Maple Leaf Square / ‘Jurassic Park’, looming behind the Air Canada Centre. A sight to behold.

Michael62

Member Bio
Reaction score
Happy Frigid Friday. (both pics are through a dirty kitchen window today)

westside.jpg

As you can see one crane has been named 'Crane 2' the other one is still nameless. A reactivation of work began on Tuesday. A jackhammer attached to a digger has been busy creating trenches between the two cranes 12hrs/day. The trenches are the same depth as one worker standing up, which includes the hard hat so my guess is 2m/2.5m deep. There is also some trench digging under the platform that was constructed along the east side of Bay St. The ramp that ran down the middle of the site is being removed and a new ramp has been installed along the east side of 18 Yonge St.

The tieback machine next 18 Yonge is just parked, it is not drilling into the existing building. All the equipment between 18 Yonge and the tracks has been moved so I assume, perhaps wrongly, that they will be lowering the excavation in this area in the next week.

eastside.jpg

It's very interesting to watch the engineering of the excavation, every time a new ramp is constructed the entire old ramp is totally removed from the site, they have never used the same materials twice when constructing a new exit ramp. The planning required to manage this efficiently is remarkable. There is no wasted movement of materials from one place to another.

Attachments

• westside.jpg
    westside.jpg
    315.5 KB · Views: 478
  • eastside.jpg
    eastside.jpg
    307.9 KB · Views: 562