Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

Any insight into a PATH connection between The Shops At Aura and Chelsea Green? I see in the architectural renderings that the P2 level of Chelsea Green has a note about "potential PATH connection" with a knock-out panel on the north side of the site, in about the same place as the knock-out panel on the south side of the P1 level of Aura.

Is the ultimate plan with the PATH to connect south to the Atrium on Bay on the west side of Yonge Street, or have the connection go through YSL or Ryerson? Curious to know if anyone has heard or seen anything about this. Now would be the ideal time with all of the construction happening south of Gerrard to get everyone on board with creating an underground pedestrian network.

I'm speculating that the arch drawings have it noted as "potential PATH connection" seeing as it is all dependent on how neighbouring developments to the south (20 Edward, 8 Elm Street), as well as one missing piece of development activity on the south side of Elm.

I guess I'm also just a little bit worried about how all of the PATH connections will come together, if they ever do. The connection between College Park and The Shops at Aura is such garbage that if the same sort of thing is done between Aura and Chelsea Green, it's almost not even worth building the connection.

Actually, I am noticing that there doesn't seem to be any plan for PATH north of the Atrium. This isn't to the fault of Chelsea Green.

Panda Condominiums (20 Edward Street):

Retail Concourse level:
1545496461549.png

Level 1:

1545496553772.png

8 Elm Street:

Ground Floor Plan:

1545496972791.png

2nd floor is just retail, whereas P1 is just parking and mechanical.

Chelsea Green only lists a potential PATH connection (that @Larissa Doherty noted) north towards Aura on P2, but nothing to the south.

This is most unfortunate.

edit: I see nothing at YSL either.

Last edited:
Actually, I am noticing that there doesn't seem to be any plan for PATH north of the Atrium. This isn't to the fault of Chelsea Green.

Panda Condominiums (20 Edward Street):

Retail Concourse level:
View attachment 168561

Level 1:

View attachment 168562

8 Elm Street:

Ground Floor Plan:

View attachment 168563

2nd floor is just retail, whereas P1 is just parking and mechanical.

Chelsea Green only lists a potential PATH connection (that @Larissa Doherty noted) north towards Aura on P2, but nothing to the south.

This is most unfortunate.

edit: I see nothing at YSL either.

Actually, I did notice a potential PATH connection to the west from the YSL Condos site on the B1/B2 levels from the Feb 24th 2017 architect drawings (can't find anything more recent - I realize this building has undergone significant design changes since). Presumably that would link with Chelsea Green under Yonge Street somehow? But Chelsea Green doesn't seem to have a knock-out panel facing east in their underground levels anywhere. It's almost as if builders are including PATH knock-out panels in their projects just for optics, but with no way of ever having them all connect!

Here's the drawing from the YSL plans I'm talking about:

YSL Path Connection.png

How cheap this project has become compared the previous renderings. Even the land scaped areas looks cheaper than the older renderings. Why does this have to happen I don't understand? You just have to look at the renderings and it will tell you the story!

Back