Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

Yeah, They already chopped a tower from the proposal. I don't think it was done on a whim either.

No it doesn't. Only the losses get remembered. Guess it serves a purpose.

I don't think the sewers etc can handle the volume of 1600 units proposed on Yonge St, between Bloor and Queen street. I heard somewhere that they're supposed to put the brakes on some of these huge projects on Yonge. Correct me if I'm wrong I love skyscrapers if they're built in good taste!

I m not sure it going to get build with that height and density.
The only thing that i approve is the green space.There isa lack of that in this district.
But for the architectural expression, they can do a better job.
I prefer to stay optimistic.
;)

I don't think the sewers etc can handle the volume of 1600 units proposed on Yonge St, between Bloor and Queen street. I heard somewhere that they're supposed to put the brakes on some of these huge projects on Yonge. Correct me if I'm wrong I love skyscrapers if they're built in good taste!
Water, sewer, electrical supply is always taken into account when building plans are circulated. @maestro's right though: there are already 1600 hotel rooms on site which would come down, so I would be very surprised if the capacity was not there.

Remember that where talking about 1600 condo units to start in the area that people will live in 24 -7 , with each one requiring water for daily kitchen, bath and laundry use !

Remember that where talking about 1600 condo units to start in the area that people will live in 24 -7 , with each one requiring water for daily kitchen, bath and laundry use !

Not much different from the existing hotel, apart from laundry. And remember that units in both residential buildings and in hotels are never full 24-7. Comparisons of peak hours would be the key here, which I think are the same: morning showers, lights on in evening, etc.

This development (along with YSL) will be absolutely transformative for the skyline here. Very exciting.

33251512561_3816c2ce57_h.jpg

33223654462_6fb5592e47_h.jpg

32564992473_0f9f1a2ce7_h.jpg

I don't know how much influence Jennifer Keesmat has on the approval end of things, but she is adamantly opposed to such rapid density increases along the Yonge st. corridor. She appears to ready to fight
tooth and nail against these newer tall proposals until the infrastructure is updated. This means many years before these ever get approved at the height they are proposed at. This is her opinion, and i have
no idea if this falls in line with her cohorts, but expect to hear demands to have these proposals be drastically reduced in size, at least by Jennifer.

Back