Toronto Chelsea Green (was 33 Gerrard) | 297.25m | 90s | Great Eagle | a—A

Chelsea Green? Where the F is the green here? Look a that public realm rendering. It's looks like a gloomy grey parking lot. For a developer looking for this much density, how on earth is this kind of approach to the public realm acceptable?

I've no idea

2qiuvqw.png

I like the way the window frames are used to create visual pattern, I would however enjoy it more if the effect was more of a spiral circling up the tower rather than swirls/ vertical waves. Either way I think the approach will definitely add significant diversity.

From the west and east, Aura had a big impact on our skyline. It extended the reach of the skyline north. These two towers will nicely compliment that.

And after Massey, Teahouse, YC, Wellesley On The Park, Clover on Yonge, etc.; are completed, the main skyline will be close to being united with the Yonge and Bloor cluster.

The design of the podium reminds me of "white boat" from Mapo District, Seoul. I like it, hope the material used will be high quality.

IMG_4734.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4734.JPG
    IMG_4734.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 523
I think they're going to chop all these proposed high structures down to the 50 to 60 stories range!

Back