Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

I think in this neighbourhood, that would hardly work. It would require well-built men in Chippendale bow ties and shirtless to sell these units.

isn't Chaz (chastity) also the name of Cher's former daughter turned son?
maybe a lesbian market is their intention, so girls in little black dresses would work, hopefully.

isn't Chaz (chastity) also the name of Cher's former daughter turned son?
maybe a lesbian market is their intention, so girls in little black dresses would work, hopefully.

That's actually a great marketing idea. I don't think any developer has exclusively gone after the lesbian market yet. Have they?

$45k for parking besides the outrageous sq. ft. prices. I think we can consider this building the clearest signal yet that the condo boom has reached its peak, and now the abyss awaits. Or at least a correction. $500k for 750 sq. ft? Please.

That's actually a great marketing idea. I don't think any developer has exclusively gone after the lesbian market yet. Have they?

If I was the owner of the Brass Rail next door I'd have a huge grin on my face while rubbing my hands together, lots of sexually frustrated straight men will be good for business.

not sure if it's a repost but...Prices are CRAZZYYY!! lol. Well over $650/sqft! haha. This is a joke! i can definitely see a major Price Incentive or a Re-Launch some time in the near future. hahaha.

I'm sure the builder's listing brokerage is aware but the builder is just adament and not willing to listen.

"10 minutes distances to Toronto University"

The prices and the kijiji listing scream "WELCOME CLUELESS FOREIGN INVESTOR!"

not sure if it's a repost but...Prices are CRAZZYYY!! lol. Well over $650/sqft! haha. This is a joke! i can definitely see a major Price Incentive or a Re-Launch some time in the near future. hahaha.

I'm sure the builder's listing brokerage is aware but the builder is just adament and not willing to listen.

The prices here have to be at least $200/sqft less than 1 Bloor E which has way better floorplans and usable space, is a landmark building with insane ammenities and directly connected to shops and subway. I think you can get $750 sqft in 1B-E which I'm not saying is a good buy...but I would take that any day over $650 at CHAZ...let me know your thoughts on this.

Looks like they received permission on April 29, 2010 to increase this from 325 units to 372, and from 33 storeys to 39.

Well here you go...this is Toronto the condo capital of North America, maybe the builder thinks he can get 372 CRAZZYYY!! people to buy into this...

it amazing how different 2 buildings right next to each other can be.
i was hoping Chaz would keep the original building's design and just build a box on a 45 degree rotation.

Yeah, but then again in about 10 years..when all is said and done, there will be an additional mismash of 1/2 dozen or so more condo towers of various quality and designs in this same area.

Last edited:
Do you think this condo will actually go up? They have to first sell a certain amount of units first right?

The reason I ask is because I'm around the 11th floor of casa directly facing this building, if this condo is put up, my view will be obliterated.

Anyone know how this will affect resale value?

Back