Toronto Charlie Condos | 122.83m | 36s | Great Gulf | Diamond Schmitt

I know! I think they are just removing the ramp and they should be done. The drilling has destroyed my Saturday morning sleeping in for months.

The City and TTC have issued permits for Tucker Hi-Rise to stage a mobile crane on Charlotte St. this Sunday (May 9th) to remove the excavators from the hole.

chuck1.jpg

given the popularity of car sharing services like autoshare and zip cars, and the proximity of TTC in downtown, why do most new condo buildings continue to build so many levels of parking. Are property taxes assessed on parking spaces?

Zoning by-laws require them to build x number of spaces per unit for residents and visitors. The required parking rates for downtown buildings has gotten a lot smaller over the years, where generally it's less than 1 space per unit for residents and visitors. Further reductions are encouraged with the provision of spaces dedicated for car sharing programs like autoshare and zip, and by providing additional bicycle parking. The RCMI development got approved with practically zero parking for cars.

The City and TTC have issued permits for Tucker Hi-Rise to stage a mobile crane on Charlotte St. this Sunday (May 9th) to remove the excavators from the hole.

...aaaand the TTC has pulled the plug on the scheduled removal of the excavators on May 9.

:I

Charlie excavation work

Current photos as of lunchtime May 14th.

Attachments

• Picture 1257r.jpg
    Picture 1257r.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 225
  • Picture 1256r.jpg
    Picture 1256r.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 208
Had to go pack to Page 7 to find this thread.

Picture from yesterday. It looks like they've made a little bit of progress since bigwikibird's images above but not as much as I would have expected.

charlie-20100711-1_1278944465.jpg

Thanks for the updated picture.

Based on the progress, does anyone have an idea when this proejct may be complete (ready for occupancy). Not sure if anyone has been to the sales centre recently and obtained information from them.

Had to go pack to Page 7 to find this thread.

Picture from yesterday. It looks like they've made a little bit of progress since bigwikibird's images above but not as much as I would have expected.

charlie-20100711-1_1278944465.jpg

Back