Vaughan CG Tower | 188.97m | 60s | Cortel Group | BDP Quadrangle

The North side of Steeles... The West side of Yonge... That makes it in Vaughan.
Yes, it's in Vaughan. But I said the tallest in the VMC - Which is the area around the subway extension at Jane and Highway 7. I didn't say tallest in Vaughan.

Honestly, the architects should be embarrassed. It's not like there's a lack of space in Vaughan. And on top of that, to create such poorly usable spaces within the given floor plate is even worse.

They really didn't think anything through. In the layout I posted (even if you could somehow get over the fact that it was ridiculously furnished with a single club chair), the closet in the bedroom could have easily been extended across the entire wall to provide more storage space. Obviously not enough of an improvement to redeem that layout, but it just goes to show the complete lack of thought or design.

Such a wasted opportunity, given that it's a rare situation to be able to have smaller 1 bedroom units that also have a lot of windows. But now it's useless, given the non functional layouts.

Honestly, the architects should be embarrassed. It's not like there's a lack of space in Vaughan. And on top of that, to create such poorly usable spaces within the given floor plate is even worse.

They really didn't think anything through. In the layout I posted (even if you could somehow get over the fact that it was ridiculously furnished with a single club chair), the closet in the bedroom could have easily been extended across the entire wall to provide more storage space. Obviously not enough of an improvement to redeem that layout, but it just goes to show the complete lack of thought or design.

Such a wasted opportunity, given that it's a rare situation to be able to have smaller 1 bedroom units that also have a lot of windows. But now it's useless, given the non functional layouts.

Why are you blaming Quadrangle? The desire to have x number of units per floor is driven purely by Cortel. I'm all for vitriol, but at least take a minute to direct it accurately.

Wow these are some impressively horrific floor plans ! Just when I think I've seen everything I'm totally blown away by these ... what were they thinking

When a floorplan is done properly, 530 sq.ft. can be super spacious ... my first home @ 545 sq.ft. was WAYYYYYY more functional/usable (and it wasn't anything special)

2a.jpeg6.jpeg4a.jpeg

I think this building is using a very loose definition of a square foot. Like actually using a child's foot as their length standard. On the other hand, they are really challenging the conventional definition of a living space:
1542309284795.png

I mean, who needs any sunlight whatsoever? Who wouldn't want their guests jumping over their bed in order to get to the washroom? Who doesn't want a double-sized W/D space where the whole extra space is used for opening the door inward?

Yes, it's in Vaughan. But I said the tallest in the VMC - Which is the area around the subway extension at Jane and Highway 7. I didn't say tallest in Vaughan.

You're right, sorry, I didn't catch the VMC part...

Why are you blaming Quadrangle? The desire to have x number of units per floor is driven purely by Cortel. I'm all for vitriol, but at least take a minute to direct it accurately.

In the example I gave, the desire to have X number of units per floor would not have changed the size, (and if you wanted to argue the shape) of the 531 sq ft unit. However, the internal layout design of that suite would be determined by the architects, I assume.

In either case, whoever was responsible for the internal layout could have done a much better job at making the space more useable and efficient. The closet example I gave (the fact that it could've been extended along the entire wall to add more storage) is a perfect example of bad planning. I don't think it takes an architect to figure that out. There could be a legitimate reason for the shortened closet, so if anyone knows what that is I'm happy to learn and understand more.

From what I can tell though, there are numerous ways in which that 531 sq ft could have been vastly improved. For today's standards, 531 sq ft is plenty of space for a 1 bedroom condo. There are better designed units with more useable space that I've seen which are closer to 400 sq ft.

In either case, whoever was responsible for the internal layout could have done a much better job at making the space more useable and efficient. The closet example I gave (the fact that it could've been extended along the entire wall to add more storage) is a perfect example of bad planning. I don't think it takes an architect to figure that out. There could be a legitimate reason for the shortened closet, so if anyone knows what that is I'm happy to learn and understand more.

Not extending the closet the length of the wall might give the occupant some flexibility. I’m a book guy. Perhaps I might want to put a book case in that space or my computer desk. Or maybe I inherited my grandparents’ chest of drawers and it would fit in there nicely. Personal choice is not that bad a thing.

I think I would rather live in that space than the long, narrow, lacking in natural light unit in post #83. It may be a quirk of my personality but I would hate to sleep in a windowless bedroom.

Not extending the closet the length of the wall might give the occupant some flexibility. I’m a book guy. Perhaps I might want to put a book case in that space or my computer desk. Or maybe I inherited my grandparents’ chest of drawers and it would fit in there nicely. Personal choice is not that bad a thing.

I think I would rather live in that space than the long, narrow, lacking in natural light unit in post #83. It may be a quirk of my personality but I would hate to sleep in a windowless bedroom.

My bedroom have no window and I love it because it's help me sleep when I have work at night time and I have to sleep at day time plus few times I got haunted because ghosts like room with no window but harmless and I know how to ignored them but sleep like peacefully :cool:

Those balconies, almost fully enclosed, are pretty bad too. A good balcony allows the condo dweller to open a door a little bit of the outdoors, to fresh air and maybe some views, and space for at least two chairs and a cafe table. That balcony will instead make a great pigeon roost, and not much more.

This building would have some better floor plans if it just got rid of the balconies.

Those balconies, almost fully enclosed, are pretty bad too. A good balcony allows the condo dweller to open a door a little bit of the outdoors, to fresh air and maybe some views, and space for at least two chairs and a cafe table. That balcony will instead make a great pigeon roost, and not much more.

This building would have some better floor plans if it just got rid of the balconies.
Any building would be better without balconies. But, people want balconies, apparently.

My bedroom have no window and I love it because it's help me sleep when I have work at night time and I have to sleep at day time plus few times I got haunted because ghosts like room with no window but harmless and I know how to ignored them but sleep like peacefully :cool:

In this configuration the bedroom wall has to be frosted glass as to be defined as a bedroom it has to have natural light into it. You see a lot of Dens in condos that could be second bedrooms but can't be called that due to not having a window or natural light into them. Once it is occupied users can do whatever, it's just how it is called when selling and during the permit phases.

Back