Toronto Centro Condos | ?m | 31s | Henderson | IBI Group

thanks for the rendering FirstTimeCondoBuyer ... that helps to correct my failing memory, for some reason I thought the red + orange was going be plastered on the entire tower, rather than vertical accent strips ... seeing the rendering again then yes I agree the use of colors is not such a bad idea ... we'll just have to wait and see how the finished product looks paired with the grey/white spandrels :)

Photos include a worker polishing the concrete in extreme cold, the pit of EQ3 next door and large areas of metal spandrels on the north and east sides of the north tower.

I won't be in Scarborough for about 6 weeks so I snapped these yesterday.

Attachments

• IMG_2290.jpg
    IMG_2290.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_2298.jpg
    IMG_2298.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 296
  • IMG_2292.jpg
    IMG_2292.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 299
  • IMG_2284.jpg
    IMG_2284.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 313
  • IMG_2282.jpg
    IMG_2282.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 310
Centro could end up quite sharp. The whitish cladding fits in with the civic centre and the next door office building and the stripes are promising. Maybe STC would be more attractive overall if all the towers were a clean, futuristic white, with Logan's Runesque levels and layers...the area's certainly uncluttered with people or sensitive surroundings, so there was an opportunity to be more experimental (for suburban Toronto, at least) without compromising anything. More fun, at least.

The other recent towers - the whole EQ_____ series of condos - look alright at some times and vile at other times, like Seinfeld's girlfriend in the Festivus episode.

Last edited:
New sales office opened this week.
New relaunch of Monarch site called Encore (formerly known as RED) to be launching end of this month.

I went and checked out the new sales office on Saturday and it looked really nice. The finishings in the kitchen were the same as what we chose for our unit and I am glad we did, they looked great.

I wasn't able to get a complete impression of how things will look when our condo unit is finished as the townhome setup is quite different but I got an overall impression of the quality of materials being used and the appliances were all the same and I liked what I saw there as well - wish the fridge had more shelf height options though.

I still prefer when W/D are behind their own door in a den area (as they are in our OAK unit) instead of opening to the main living area but it seems common place to do so, as it was in the demo townhome setup.

As per the debate before - the red brick look is actually real brick instead of just panels paitned to look that way - not that it matters but I'd be happy if I was a townhome purchaser.

March 10 2010 update.

Making some good progress. The site was seriously busy during the short time I was there.

4423356000_8f039c0838_b.jpg

4423356004_1860345ab8_b.jpg

From behind (looking west)

4423356018_a730004e93_b.jpg

Sales Centre. The brick looks really nice, as FirstTimeCondoBuyer said.

4423356008_6439dc536d_b.jpg

The purplish-brown arch-things at the base are really gruesome in person...I'm taking back the nice stuff I said about Centro earlier.

from the photos ... the brick really seems to clash with the rest of the building IMO ...

I continue to like the purple-brown stucco precast panels though

I'm finding it difficult to either hate or love this building. On one hand, I love the brick and the podium windows.. on the other, I also don't like the purple-brown, which looks worse when it is grouped in greater quantity (like the corners of the building) and I'm afraid that it won't age well.

No, the purple-brown mess won't age well and won't do well in its youth, either. It still needs pre-natal vitamins and it's already looking rough. A shame, because the rest of the tower was whimsical, something STC needs more of.

April 5 2010 update

Centro Tower 1 @ 20th floor, Centro Tower 2 @ 19th floor ~

Southwest / Northwest / Northeast Elevations
Click to Enlarge

Peeking Through Town Centre Woodlot

April 11 2010 update

Centro 1 (north tower) @ 21st floor, Centro 2 (south tower) @ 19th floor ~

Northeast Elevations - view from Tridel's Forest Vista
Click to Enlarge

Centro will have some great southwest views of the downtown skyline

Back