Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

I can see both the BSN and CASA cranes way out here in High Park. One of the cranes has this annoying amber flashing light at night.

Are you sure? I've got an ideal view from the west of both sites. The only crane I ever see is the BSN crane and there is no flashing light on it. The Days Inn or Comfort Inn or whatever that hotel is is currently blocking the Casa tower crane. (Maybe you're seeing the crane from the Cumberland project?)

regarding the balcony discussion, hopefully you do get the 5 ft width, but if you don't, I don't think 4 ft will be that bad. my balcony right now is I believe between 4 and 5 feet and it's enough room for a nice outdoor chaise lounger, and beside it a bistro table with chairs for two. I also got these balcony tables that hang off the railing, so the lounger also has table-space. You'll totally be able to use your balcony, there are so many furniture options out there. i remember seeing the 'foglia' plan and I think your unit and balcony will be stunning. and with bloor 1 just down the street and charging a fortune, your values just shot up too.

with respect to measurements, i've been told the developers measure from the outside of the exterior wall to get the room dimensions, so you have to subtract the width of the walls from the measurement to see the actual usable floor space.

with respect to measurements, i've been told the developers measure from the outside of the exterior wall to get the room dimensions, so you have to subtract the width of the walls from the measurement to see the actual usable floor space.

That's a legislative requirement for them to measure space in this consistent way.

Mike in TO, is it actually from the outside of the wall? For some reason I thought it was from the mid-point.

Just an updated news article at Daily Commercial News and Construction Record.

-------

Tower rises at DJ Campbell Construction’s Casa condominium project

Construction manager DJ Campbell Construction Ltd. began the 47-storey, 404-unit Casa condominium project in spring 2007. Completion is expected in fall 2009.

The project was designed by architectsAlliance for owner Cresford Development.

Consultants are Jablonsky Ast & Partners (structural) and Able Engineering Inc. (mechanical/electrical).

Subtrades include Magine Contractors (1994) Inc. (excavation); Deep Foundations Contractors Inc. (shoring/caissons); Delgant 2000 Ltd. (formwork); Salit Steel (rebar supply); Innocon Inc. (concrete supply); University Plumbing & Heating; Jay Electric Ltd.; Roman Metal Fabricating Ltd. (misc. metals); and CNIM Canada Group (elevators).

Mike in TO, is it actually from the outside of the wall? For some reason I thought it was from the mid-point.

I'm not 100% certain but I think it's the mid-point of party walls and it may either be the mid-point or the outside of any exterior walls.

regarding the balcony discussion, hopefully you do get the 5 ft width, but if you don't, I don't think 4 ft will be that bad. my balcony right now is I believe between 4 and 5 feet and it's enough room for a nice outdoor chaise lounger, and beside it a bistro table with chairs for two. I also got these balcony tables that hang off the railing, so the lounger also has table-space. You'll totally be able to use your balcony, there are so many furniture options out there. i remember seeing the 'foglia' plan and I think your unit and balcony will be stunning. and with bloor 1 just down the street and charging a fortune, your values just shot up too.

Thanks, Riley. I agree. 4 feet will certainly be better than a sharp stick in the eye. But I'm hopeful for 5, which would be awesome.

Sticks in the eye aside, the model suite had 5 feet balconies. Anything less and the builder is misleading the consumer and is liable for a possible lawsuit. Even one foot makes a huge difference. Plus, I was assured by the developer that the width will in fact be 5'. We shall see.

Unfortunately for us though, builders give false promises and lie endlessly. The never-ending horror stories of condo owners speak for themselves. In any other business it would never be tolerated, but for some reason developers will always win in Canada. The laws in this country need to change.

Sticks in the eye aside, the model suite had 5 feet balconies. Anything less and the builder is misleading the consumer and is liable for a possible lawsuit. Even one foot makes a huge difference. Plus, I was assured by the developer that the width will in fact be 5'. We shall see.

That's great that the developer put that in writing for you, but if it's a verbal understanding you do not have a chance of any lawsuit should they not deliver you five feet depth. Been there, done that.

Casa Condominium Progress, July 14, 2008

Work on the 6th level (1st level of the tower) continues. The brick work (not pictured) is coming along nicely around the south and west sides). The last pic is a panorama showing BSN across the street.

Thanks for the update, Casaguy. I sure hope they pick up the pace soon on the tower - it seems to going painfully slowly. I noticed the brick work over the weekend, and love the charcoal grey. Probably my favourite colour.

a wider angle on this same point of view:
2669998300_b53c2d82dd_o.jpg

very nice pics, casaguy and Redroom.....:)

this one will start to make an impact soon....

Back