Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

All I know is that he said "they are changing the location because it will save 1.5 hours per day". Aside from that my guess is as good as yours.

Man that 366 sq foot unit looks like a shoe-box. Which it is, more or less.

Just as an aside, that 366 sq ft shoebox unit on the six floor was selling for $137,900 in March of 2006. I wouldn't even know what to guess for the price of that tiny unit today.

(Also, at that time Cresford said that occupancy would be Oct. 31 2008).

Therion said:
Man that 366 sq foot unit looks like a shoe-box. Which it is, more or less.

Just as an aside, that 366 sq ft shoebox unit on the six floor was selling for $137,900 in March of 2006. I wouldn't even know what to guess for the price of that tiny unit today.

Given the market price for similar mid-range projects around the area like X condos, Couture, Milan ... I'd guess around $205 - $220K.

It's crazy but RE prices have gone up 50% since 2006. We are bound for a correction, just hope it's a slow gradual one and not a dramatic crash like the late 1980's. :eek:

BTW, what is the new occupancy date indicated by Cresford? Most projects can be guaranteed to be one year late, so October 2009 ?!?

My last correspondence with Cresford told me Nov 2009 (I assume for the upper floors which I am on) so I guess earlier for the lower floors.

I remember that... My girlfriend and I went by the sales centre in October 2005 to check out the model suite. I thought it was quite reasonable at the time. I didn't know Cresford's reputation at the time, I guess.

I seem to remember one particularly 'medicated' night when a couple of friends and I came across the sales center and couldn't stop laughing at the 'Residenza Condomino' sign outside. Ahhh, marketing.

^^^ Lolz.

I'm willing to bet 90% of Italians have no idea what a condo is. They probably think it's Canadian slang for prophylactics.

Given the market price for similar mid-range projects around the area like X condos, Couture, Milan ... I'd guess around $205 - $220K.

It's crazy but RE prices have gone up 50% since 2006. We are bound for a correction, just hope it's a slow gradual one and not a dramatic crash like the late 1980's. :eek:

BTW, what is the new occupancy date indicated by Cresford? Most projects can be guaranteed to be one year late, so October 2009 ?!?

CDR, I don't think prices will appreciate much more in the near term, but I highly doubt there will be much (if any) drop in prices. With the heightened demand to live in the core, at the intersection of 2 subway lines, near Yorkville, and with Bloor St. getting a makeover, this is one of the few areas in the city that I think will hold its current value.

A big blue tower crane is now at work on the site. It is near the centre of the west side of the tower now. The crew must have worked hard to take the other one down and put this one up in time for Monday morning.

I wonder if it is fixed to the lowest floor in the basement. In other words, did they have to create new holes on all of the already completed floors to put the crane into... or would they only need to fix it to that one floor (in this case, the 7th floor)?

DSCN3490.jpg

Here's a new tidbit of information: the undersides of the CASA wrap-around balconies will be painted, which is a good thing as there would otherwise be lots of exposed concrete. This building is shaping up to be a beauty.:)

Here's a new tidbit of information: the undersides of the CASA wrap-around balconies will be painted, which is a good thing as there would otherwise be lots of exposed concrete. This building is shaping up to be a beauty.:)

Excellent news. Class act...!

Long term maintenance issues such as re-painting every 10 years? I'm not sure that that is such a big deal. Has Spire had any problems yet? Their paint still looks amazing. I'd rather have to re-paint than have it looking like the rusty and discoloured concrete that for me cheapens the impressive Radio City condo buildings.

Back