Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

Jan. 31st Update

Note: I set my camera setting to photograph in the RAW format only instead of JPG & RAW but I screwed up and it only photographed JPG images today (DAMN! I froze my fingers off taking all of these). When I was editing the photos I also noticed a problem which turned out to be smudges on my lens filter :(. Sorry, I'll do better next time but they turned out "OK" for the most part.

Enjoy.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

That podium is pure class. Dark materials are key. Gorgeous. If you're going to use grey, make it bold. Enough washed out beige and grey.

Casa near dusk

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Naturally Toronto Hydro drags down any aesthetic gains made in the city.

I wasn't going to mention it but trying to capture the beauty of Casa's lobby is frustrating with the hydro cables strung in front of it. I think it's forgivable on secondary and residential streets but those damn things still do get in the way here.

I wasn't going to mention it but trying to capture the beauty of Casa's lobby is frustrating with the hydro cables strung in front of it. I think it's forgivable on secondary and residential streets but those damn things still do get in the way here.

Would Casa have been able to bury those cables when they were building? I can't imagine it would cost too much to do so, and think it would be totally worth the extra expense.

Would Casa have been able to bury those cables when they were building? I can't imagine it would cost too much to do so, and think it would be totally worth the extra expense.

As one approaches Casa along the south side of the street the hydro poles & cables do not interfere with it's beauty, capturing it in it's entirety from the north side of the street is the problem.
I can't see why a developer would bury hydro lines, what's the incentive and profit in that? It's not their job or their property anyway.

As one approaches Casa along the south side of the street the hydro poles & cables do not interfere with it's beauty, capturing it in it's entirety from the north side of the street is the problem.
I can't see why a developer would bury hydro lines, what's the incentive and profit in that? It's not their job or their property anyway.

Along Queen west there is a condo that burried the hydro lines along it's frontage- I forgot which one, but it stands out in how much cleaner it looks compared to its neighbours. If they think it would bring up the value of the condo project more than it would cost to bury the lines- then why not?

I'd love to see this as part of the public contributions but can understand (without knowing a thing) Hydro's reluctance to do so. Something about lines see/sawing in and out of the ground doesn't seem very practical to service

I can see that causing problems if maintenance was required. You have to dig up the sidewalk instead of working from a cherry picker. And the condo would be on the hook for the expenses.

Much to do still in the Casa lobby... but it's already quite spectacular.

They've altered the wood feature to be all one tone, unlike the renders... but it doesn't seem to matter.

DSCN5520.jpg

DSCN5521.jpg

DSCN5523.jpg

DSCN5524.jpg

DSCN5526.jpg

DSCN5529.jpg

DSCN5530.jpg

IMG_5362.jpg

Back