Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

What building are you in that's taking 12 days per floor?

So I guess my question is: What work has to be done that takes at least 3 months once the last bucket is poured until move in? (assuming the glass panels and interiors are being completed up the building from the lower floors as the building rises)

London on the Esplanade

Each floor takes well over a week but somewhere under two weeks when they have started on the next floor, so I'm guessing on average about 12 days based on the last 10 floors.
I know the work is staggered what with ductwork, drywall, flooring etc. Sort of like waves going vertically.
It would seem to me that there has to be a certain level of habitational comfort and safety reached for the the first occupants entering the building. I just can't visualize that happening with all the constructional commotion going on above and all around such as elavators, lobby, hallways..
I simply don't know. I would love to hear some feedback on this one.

Views from above (taken last week)...

The first row below has suite explanations typed on them...

And here are the "untouched" versions...

balcs.jpg

^And I think it's pretty safe to assume that the balcony depths will be at least 5 feet deep judging by this photo.

CasaGuy you are hilarious. Could do some of your fantastic analysis on my Murano. I'd like to know whether my unit has the proper square footage? :D

Man that 366 sq foot unit looks like a shoe-box. Which it is, more or less.

Happy to see construction moving fast on the tower section.

Casaguy, I appreciate the advice, and I definitely don't have money to burn. But the melamine kitchen provided doesn't do justice to the place, and at $6,000 for the glossy finish, it may actually be worth it if you compare ripping out the melamine and installing such a Scavolini from scratch. But what really pisses me off are the clauses, particularly about upgrades NOT BEING UNDER TARION protection. Who ever heard of this?

Plus, they can delay your move-in date if upgrades aren't done (without compensation for moving expenses), plus they reimburse a la carte if they decide something won't be finished. The prices are one thing, but the clauses are not acceptable. I'll either have them edited, or like you suggested, I ain't upgrading.

Hi guys, I'm not familar with this project so please forgive me with my ignorance.

If the 'standard' kitchen is made by Scavolini but with melamine fronts and you want to 'upgrade' to glass/veneer/wood, etc; why don't you consider going to the Scavolini distributor and get the pricing to replace the fronts to the ones you desire after occupancy directly from the dealer?

I believe the boxes are made of the same material regardless of what cabinet fronts you have.

Here is the distributor in Toronto:
http://www.dekla.ca/

Thanks, CDR108, I'll definitely give them a call. It's a shame developers are often so greedy. If we were talking about a bakery or shoe repair shop we'd get more sincerity and effort. But when you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, you're treated like you owe THEM even more.

Thanks, CDR108, I'll definitely give them a call. It's a shame developers are often so greedy. If we were talking about a bakery or shoe repair shop we'd get more sincerity and effort. But when you're spending hundreds of thousands of dollars, you're treated like you owe THEM even more.

No problems archetype ... it's about getting the most for your money.

I bought in the Vu and looking to upgrade to hardwood/bamboo floors from laminate.
Someone posted that they could independently have them bought + installed for $7/sqft ... does that sound right?
Would that include the cost to remove the flooring already installed?

Drama on the Casa site...

So I happened to be on Charles St. this morning (quelle surprise) and what should I see but huge tower crane pieces lying on the street. I've been wondering why they haven't been raising the tower crane at all and now I have my answer.

Here are some details I was able to find out:

-They are replacing the Casa tower crane. Not just the arm but, quote: "The whole f**kin' thing!"
-No one is happy about this. Apparently a bad decision was made somewhere along the way
-The new tower crane will be faster and more powerful
-The old tower crane is moving to another site (don't know which site)
-I imagine this may take the whole weekend to do

I also found out that some of the workers on the site have bought units at Casa (good to know that the people building the tower plan to live there/flip it)

Jerry told me a couple months back that they were going to be changing the "location" of the crane and that this change would save about 1.5 hours a day. Therefore, about a day per floor which = 40 days sooner to completion :D

Also, thanks Casaguy for all the great posts on here. I was wondering, where are you taking those pictures from? The roof of the office building to the east of Casa?

Seems bizarre to replace the tower crane at this point. Was the one they wanted not available back when they started?

A friend works in the low rise to the east of Casa and is snapping those pics for me.

EDIT: Wait a minute, when you say changing the "location" do you mean not only that it will be a different tower crane but that they are putting the new tower crane on a different location on the site?

Back