Toronto Casa | 147.52m | 46s | Cresford | a—A

I've never heard of steel-framed windowwall before. The closest you'll get is maybe steel reinforcement plates tucked inside the aluminium mullions, but even that's only on high-end curtainwall, high-end blast resistant curtainwall at that.

It's safe to say the only steel in that tower will be in the rebar and in the handrails running up the stairwell.

Casa Condominium Progress, June 24, 2008

It's amazing what you can make happen when you walk into a building like you own the place.

So here's what the top of the podium looks like now. This is the south western portion of the 5th floor. You can clearly see where the pool is going.

The 2nd pic shows the north end where work on the 6th floor of the tower portion continues.

Casaguy - you are going to have enough pictures when this is done to make one of those time lapse videos! great to get a weekly update from you on this one...

Could this be one of those buildings that skips floors ending in 4s? The photo does make it look like the 5th floor is being worked on.

Both the fifth and sixth floors are being worked on at the same time. (The sixth floor has just started to be created as you can see in the second pic.) I'm going by the fact that the roof of the fifth floor would also be the floor of the sixth level.)

Ok so if you are going by that, they have just started one point of the floor for the sixth, but i mean really, they have only just finished up to the fifth floor. lol well doesn't really matter, two ways of saying the same thing i guess...:)

Oh don't get me started about the steel.

Go back to page 27 in this thread and read on from there about Cresford's steel sham.

Oh don't get me started about the steel.

Go back to page 27 in this thread and read on from there about Cresford's steel sham.

yeah just read it....shit that sucks dude. Hopefully it will still turn out nicely though, but that is concerning considering what they said they were doing originally.

I think this building will still be a total stunner. Steel or no steel.

I was looking more closely at the pic below and I think I can now say with certainty that the construction elevator(s) will be hugging the edge of the southern balconies (not the building and then filling back in the balcony like at Verve.)

If you look where the indentation is and then look at all of the rebar sticking straight up you can tell where the edge of the tower walls will be as well as how wide the balconies will be.

Does it look like there will be room for two construction elevators here? It's gonna be 47 stories so I would imagine there would be two. Plus the construction worker is standing there in the pic for scale and it looks like two elevators might fit...?

Ok so if you are going by that, they have just started one point of the floor for the sixth, but i mean really, they have only just finished up to the fifth floor. lol well doesn't really matter, two ways of saying the same thing i guess...:)

Well, clearly I'm rather over-enthusiastic about this building.

Looking back over the Murano thread, it has been 8 months since they began building on top of its podium to reach the 32nd floor of the north tower. That's about 7.5 days per floor. Assuming CASA goes at the same rate it should be eleven months before CASA tops off. (So, May 2009)

Casa Condominium Progress, June 30, 2008

Filling in the walls of the above ground parking levels.

I'd imagine this hulking mass looks rather bizarre to those who may not know what the finished lobby will look like.

Back