IMG_2419.JPG
IMG_2418.JPG
IMG_2417.JPG
IMG_2415.JPG
IMG_2414.JPG
IMG_2413.JPG
IMG_2412.JPG
IMG_2411.JPG

I rode by on my bike going from the Humber Trail to the Finch Corridor Trail and was pleasantly surprised with the public realm treatment along Weston Road in front of these buildings. No pictures unfortunately, but it elevated the cycling experience between the two off-road trails from totally unbearable to unbearable.

OPA & Rezoning application filed for the northern end of the site:

2345 FINCH AVE W
Ward 7: Humber River-Black Creek

No description yet.

if I understand correctly they already got the zoning for the whole site. I wonder if this means they want to change the overall plan (i.e. increase densities) for the last 5 buildings or re-jig it completely? Or it's simply the process to get the next phase done? We'll find out soon enough when they update the descriptions.

if I understand correctly they already got the zoning for the whole site. I wonder if this means they want to change the overall plan (i.e. increase densities) for the last 5 buildings or re-jig it completely? Or it's simply the process to get the next phase done? We'll find out soon enough when they update the descriptions.
If they are going for an Official Plan Amendment, that's an indication that something drastically different is proposed here now than what is currently allowed.

OPA & Rezoning application filed for the northern end of the site:

2345 FINCH AVE W
Ward 7: Humber River-Black Creek

No description yet.

Description is up, but still no docs:

Official Plan and Zoning By-law amendments to permit five rental residential buildings ranging in heights of 20 to 55 storeys consisting of 154,951 square metres of residential gross floor area resulting in 2,240 rental units, 1,202 square metres of retail space and 1,527 vehicular parking spaces at grade and within a 3-level underground garage. A 1,061 square metre public park is also proposed.

55 storeys though... in that area?

Description is up, but still no docs:

55 storeys though... in that area?

Well why not? Wide arterial road spanning the entire north of the city, mass transit line under construction, the 400 next door, no heritage buildings to worry about, no shadowing concerns - what justification would you have to limit height here?

Well why not? Wide arterial road spanning the entire north of the city, mass transit line under construction, the 400 next door, no heritage buildings to worry about, no shadowing concerns - what justification would you have to limit height here?

I can't think of any. I used to live nearby and the tallest building in the area I can think of is 25 San Romanoway, which is 33 storeys. To me growing up, it was the tallest building for miles. I never dreamed a 55-storey building could be built in this area.

Docs are up. Architect is still IBI Group:

1610160428058.png

1610160574748.png

1610160509067.png

Last edited:

Back