Toronto The Carnaby Condos | 70.41m | 20s | Streetcar | TACT Architecture

Looks like Cityplace.

It seems to be set back pretty far on the property, close to the tracks. Makes sense. What's going on Peel? Townhouses?

Hopefully there's a fair bit of retail space in the podium to animate the streetscape. A new supermarket to service the area would be perfect.

I was walking by the sales center last night and could see the new building model through the window. The model has the current sales centre represented but it has a "Metro" grocery store sign on it! The Sales center is an interesting little building but i didnt think they could fit a grocery store in there!!!

jp.

Our dataBase page for The Carnaby has been updated with renderings of the lobby, the party room, and the terrace.

Great to see retail, but watch out for this builder!

I like the fact that there will be retail on the bottom, and at least the 20 story part will be set back a bit. That being said, Streetcar Developments is becoming notorious for shoddy workmanship, I would think twice before buying in there. 2 Gladstone is still a construction zone, even though the building was turned over and it's fully occupied. The ground floor is an eyesore, just a giant concrete wall - I hope 11 Peel looks a bit nicer.

Streetcar Developments workmanship

Hopefully, but right now it's not looking good. They finished the exterior of their sales center next door, but 2 Gladstone remains unfinished on ground level even though it was built well before the sales center. Looks like as soon as the building sold and turned over, they walked away. There hasn't been any progress in the last 4-5 months at all, the only change has been RBC working on their part of the building. I think the architecture looks nice, and it's a good example of mixing retail with residential. But from what I'm hearing from the owners, Streetcar is just not a good builder - I would wait until the building is finished before making a purchase with them.

Take a little walk in Corktown and see the finished quality of their buildings and that will tell you everything you need to know.

Well this is history

5892075357_3b98919569_b.jpg

From today
]
september122012042.jpg
[/URL]

Gee, this is one large piece of land

Back