Carlyle Condos | 141m | 42s | Carlyle Communities | architectsAlliance

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Gee you can"t say no wrong of Toronto City Planning to UT moderators and staff?... i understand
How long should a major land use change take? An hour? A day? A week? A month?

The problem is you keep repeating yourself without provide any real input on how to improve the process and ignore every post that tries to explain the process isn't some conspiracy involving a special council.

ushahid

Member Bio
Reaction score
we all agree that city is short staffed which is causing all the delays and they need to hire more people, end of the story.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
Haha, of course you would have something to say,...yeah, it's sure not 5 years? or even up to 10 years?
Once again you aren't providing context. 40 high rises have been completed per year for the last ten years. Obviously the process isn't impeding development. The property holding companies applying for these dizzying zoning bylaw changes aren't going in blind. So why are you so hung up spouting conspiracies? Afterall, people have to live in the collection of towers creating skylines. Best to the take the time and plan it right. Clearly, I don't think Toronto is doing all that well on the latter point.

It's the same everywhere when major land use changes are applied. The difference is those places have more as of right zoning than Toronto does. The 300m YSL would be mired in "red tape" if proposed on West 57th next to the as of right 450 metre needles going up next door. I'll let you figure out why I brought that up.

Last edited: