Hamilton Carling Apartments | 21m | 7s | Ninco | Esposto

I mean that’s Vranich. Dude is as cheap as they come. There’s lots of unfinished corner cuts on his 154 Main E project too.

Hotels have minimum standards that brands require so his hotels have generally been better on that front.. but it’s pretty clear he gives 0 crap on his residential stuff.

I mean that’s Vranich. Dude is as cheap as they come. There’s lots of unfinished corner cuts on his 154 Main E project too.

Hotels have minimum standards that brands require so his hotels have generally been better on that front.. but it’s pretty clear he gives 0 crap on his residential stuff.
There's also a panel missing above the parking garage entrance on Marquee which is far more noticeable and egregious in my opinion. You'd think the city could force someone to finish and not have the blueskin underlayment visible for years with seemingly no intention of finishing.

They did have workers come back and fix the laid stones outside the Marquee though, but likely because it was a legitimate safety hazard.

Vranco is an easy target, but they’re not the only ones.

Platinum looks like garbage up close. Chips everywhere, scuffs and marks from construction equipment and moving trucks, etc. And the random gravel pits are just plain dangerous:

IMG_3979.jpeg

IMG_3980.jpeg

(via Google maps streetview)

Even 101 Locke’s off-white finish is starting to turn brown/grey in spots, especially where water runs off the balconies. And the pillars are either unfinished or a design oversight, either way they look bad at the pedestrian level

IMG_3978.jpeg

Vranco is an easy target, but they’re not the only ones.

Platinum looks like garbage up close. Chips everywhere, scuffs and marks from construction equipment and moving trucks, etc. And the random gravel pits are just plain dangerous:

View attachment 514350

View attachment 514351

Even 101 Locke’s off-white finish is starting to turn brown/grey in spots, especially where water runs off the balconies. And the pillars are either unfinished or a design oversight, either way they look bad at the pedestrian level

View attachment 514349
A lot of that has now been fixed at the Platinum building. There's still some rough edges that don't look like they'll be fixed, but overall it's looking a lot better, I think I posted some pictures in the relevant thread.

Photos from this week as the building nears completion, by Joe. The Spec reported last week that this building will use $5M in CMHC long-term, low-interest loans to rent 10-20 of the 1BR apartments for ~1400/mo, targeting nurses employed at HHS for those units. The Spec reported occupancy is targeted for April 2024.

The owner is using 90 Carling as the address so the database can be updated to reflect that.

carl1.png

carl2.jpg

Back