Toronto Canvas Condominium | 28.7m | 8s | Marlin Spring | Graziani + Corazza

ChesterCopperpot

Member Bio
Reaction score
http://app.toronto.ca/DevelopmentAp...ion=init&folderRsn=3848482&isCofASearch=false

The application proposes a new 8-storey mixed use building having a gross floor area of 12,568 square metres with 166 residential units (of which 14 will be rental replacement units). 259 square metres of street-related retail use and live/work units are also proposed along Danforth Avenue. A total of 100 vehicular and 166 bicycle parking spaces will be provided.

Replacing this

0ctBsVK.jpg

which used to be the Hotel Quigley

6qFunIM.jpg

That building has one of the quirkiest facades in the entire city. 2301 Danforth has no heritage listing, but I'd hate to lose this cray-cray frontage entirely.

That building has one of the quirkiest facades in the entire city. 2301 Danforth has no heritage listing, but I'd hate to lose this cray-cray frontage entirely.

Agreed! It's a shame the mock Tudor detailing got stuccoed into oblivion, but the odd towers and clay tile roof remain to baffle passers-by.

Unfortunately, I think the existing structure lost its architectural merit long ago (I know, I know, that's not the basis of heritage designation). Happy to see this part of the Danforth get some intensification. Close to the subway, close(ish) to downtown; this is where we should be building condos.

A Site Plan Approval application has been filed:

2301 DANFORTH AVE
Ward 32 - Tor & E.York District

►View All Properties

The application proposes an 8 storey new mixed use building having a gross floor area of 12,173 square metres with 170 residential units (of which 14 will be rental replacement units). 380 square metres of street-related retail. A total of 105 vehicular and 138 bicycle parking spaces will be provided.
Proposed Use --- # of Storeys --- # of Units ---
Applications:
Type Number Date Submitted Status
Site Plan Approval 16 230027 STE 32 SA Sep 28, 2016 Under Review

Back