Toronto Canoe Landing Park | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex

For anyone who has been there; Is there even a tobbagoning hill there? One not covered in trees? I thought a big hill designed specifically for sledding was supposed to be one of the features of the park that would make it unique.

For anyone who has been there; Is there even a tobbagoning hill there? One not covered in trees? I thought a big hill designed specifically for sledding was supposed to be one of the features of the park that would make it unique.

There's no trees on the big mound. There's very tall uncut dry yellow grass there though.

Do you think its possible that they are going to fill that huge square area with nothing but gravel? That would completely suck!

Do you think its possible that they are going to fill that huge square area with nothing but gravel? That would completely suck!

maybe that's the tennis court? There's suppose to be a tennis court of sorts there. But not that big.

My take is that the area will be covered with Astroturf. There are many large bags of some sort of round bundles, at the southeast part of the site. They have been sitting there for weeks.

An astroturf park? The small space at Harbourfront was one thing, but coving a portion of a large-scale park in fake turf seems...terrible. My excitment for this new public space is quickly dissipating. *sigh*

Cityplace park

An astroturf park? The small space at Harbourfront was one thing, but coving a portion of a large-scale park in fake turf seems...terrible. My excitment for this new public space is quickly dissipating. *sigh*

I agree. At Harbourfront they have it because the grass kept getting ruined by all the foot traffic around the festival booths so it was an interesting solution.

Time will tell.

I believe the fake grass is also a field/multi-purpose space for the proposed elementary school to be built just to the east of the site.

a tennis court would be better. The park would be used very often if it was a tennis court. My friend in Tokyo says public tennis courts require 2 months advance reservation. I've also seen very busy tennis courts in Hong Kong. It would make the park well utilized.

Cityplace park

I found a city document on a google search and you are correct it is an artificial turf play field. Maybe it can be a big rink in winter too (wishful thinking)

If it's the same stuff they use down at harbourfront I'm not complaining. As I said in another thread, you actually have to bend down and touch the stuff to tell that it's not real grass. And the only initial suspicion you have is that it looks just too perfect.

Hey, in a city that can't afford or bother to maintain its parks why not use astroturf? Maybe they should carpet NPS too?

Confirmation

At least it looks real :)

3881607762_9f7fd7d889.jpg

Cityplace park

At least it looks real :)

LOL yes glad its not coloured like the canoe or the fishing things. Wasn't this park to have a Terry Fox theme at one time...?

Last edited by a moderator:

Back