Toronto Canary Block Condos | 42.06m | 12s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

Home run. Arguably the best project in the Canary District.

I think all of the River City buildings are excellent (especially the last two), but this is most definitely the best of the bunch of the cluster to the southwest of the RCs. I do think that'll change as the first of the Cobe/aA-designed buildings comes online, and I'm interested to see how the Anishinaabe centre and surrounding buildings turn out.

That's not to say I don't think this is lovely -- it is for sure -- but more an observation that I think the ugliest buildings in this area were those that were first to land; all better from here.

Despite the blandness of some of the buildings, I do like how this area is turning out. Much of the south side of the street still consists of parking lots and construction sites, but as you can see from the shot taken from the park, with the consistency in height, wide sidewalks and neat rows of trees, this stretch of Front St East is starting to look like our version of a Parisian boulevard.

Despite the blandness of some of the buildings, I do like how this area is turning out. Much of the south side of the street still consists of parking lots and construction sites, but as you can see from the shot taken from the park, with the consistency in height, wide sidewalks and neat rows of trees, this stretch of Front St East is starting to look like our version of a Parisian boulevard.

Yeah, agree with all of that. In fact my biggest gripe with the neighbourhood is transportation-related; all the bike lanes, where they exist, are unprotected and/or in the dooring zone; the entirety of Front St. has a 40km/h limit (should be 30) and has zero traffic calming; and some intersections don't have stop signs (each should have one). As a result, drivers just absolutely FLY through the neighbourhood and it sucks.

IMO this is how liberty village should have been. mid rise buildings, wide streets, greenery, etc. Think they've done a pretty good job so far over here.

May 16th

IMG_8374.JPG

Back