Toronto

Canary Block Condos | 42m | 12s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

modernizt

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is aA working with KPMB on this? The design reminds me of the original 60 McCaul concept.

I've been wondering when we'd start to see thermally broken balconies. How it has taken this long is a mystery to me (although the homebuilders association / developers have lobbied against such changes in the code for years-- and they are an incredibly powerful lobby group -- so I guess that's a big part of what has taken us so long to respond to the issue).

ilikemilk

Member Bio
Reaction score
Is aA working with KPMB on this? The design reminds me of the original 60 McCaul concept.

I've been wondering when we'd start to see thermally broken balconies. How it has taken this long is a mystery to me (although the homebuilders association / developers have lobbied against such changes in the code for years-- and they are an incredibly powerful lobby group -- so I guess that's a big part of what has taken us so long to respond to the issue).
I think the 2 curvy absolute buildings have thermally broken balconies....

interchange42

Administrator
Staff member
Member Bio
Reaction score
I don't think they do. They were having to insulate underneath balconies where a floor extended out under the one above (owing to the rotation). Somewhere back in my photo vault I have images of that…

Tulse

Member Bio
Reaction score
That is a really boring design -- it's just a damned box sheathed in balconies. All the other buildings in the neighbourhood have far more interesting features. How one can have this when RC3 is rising up is beyond me.

AlvinofDiaspar

Member Bio
Reaction score

jje1000

Member Bio
Reaction score
Beveling the balcony cladding to produce the pattern rather than what they're doing now would make the project significantly more interesting.

maestro

Member Bio
Reaction score
I appreciate the consistent built form even though the design is on the bland side. Afterall, We've seen most masterplans evolve into taller, equally bland, towers. The use of similar coloured building envelopes doesn't bother me.The choice of Grey wouldn't be my favourite though.