Toronto Canary Block Condos | 42.06m | 12s | DundeeKilmer | KPMB

I'mgetting a 70s vibe here. I like it. KPMB is pretty underrated.
Agreed, KPMB is simply one of the best firms for elegant, fuss-free modern designs.

Only critique I have of this is that the top slab doesn't extend to the same extent as the balconies - which means the top floor balconies won't have any shield from the rain, and that I also think it would've looked best if the visual top of the building was using the same excellent balcony guard material with the wave effect. Still gets a 9.5/10 for me though!

This morning...

Canary1.jpg

Canary2.jpg

This golden tone appears similar to the 'champagne' tone of The One? Although perhaps a titch darker?

Canary3.jpg

Meanwhile out back...

Canary4.jpg

Canary5.jpg

The banners for the rock climbing place and restaurant...

Canary6.jpg

Canary7.jpg

Miss the colour and warmth from my last visit here. A grey November update today. The good news is the only white in these photos will be Canary Block once the other whiteness melts by next week.

Counterclockwise pics...

Canary1.jpg

Canary2.jpg

Presumably these are temporary covers for inside work, in lieu of dichroic glass for now.

Canary3.jpg

Canary4.jpg

Canary5.jpg

Canary6.jpg

Canary7.jpg

Canary8.jpg

Canary9.jpg

Canary10.jpg

Miss the colour and warmth from the brass window-wall now hidden behind the white, opaque balcony railings. The bad news is the white railings aren't going anywhere and the brass window-wall will be mostly hidden from view permanently.

That said, this still looks good. It's just a missed opportunity. Nice pix.

Back