Toronto CAMH Discovery Centre | 41.6m | 7s | CAMH | KPMB

Materials submitted for Block 7:

Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.46.04 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.46.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.46.33 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-01-10 at 12.46.44 PM.png

Well that's completely fantastic.

I always appreciate being reminded of the fact that good KPMB is really quite lovely stuff.

Rounded buildings bring the risk of having a series of flat panels of glass used for each curve to save money. I wouldn't get too excited until we see the cladding go up. Value engineering is rampant in this city from the cheapest to the most prominent buildings.

Rounded buildings bring the risk of having a series of flat panels of glass used for each curve to save money. I wouldn't get too excited until we see the cladding go up. Value engineering is rampant in this city from the cheapest to the most prominent buildings.

The architectural plans already shows the use of flat glass - from Architectural Plans, L2 - NW corner:

1578684074799.png

(CAMH/KPMB)

AoD

There are literally hundreds of amazing curved buildings all over the world that use flat glass instead of curved. It's the detailing and radius of the curve that is important.

Last edited:
Ugh, don't know about that?....heritage yes, but saying a street stands out because a dirty 8-10 ft. solid brick wall runs 500 feet on one side.o_O.

View attachment 224948

I like the wall. I think it adds character. The current issue is that it's just a wall with nothing visible over it and at the opening of the wall, it's just an ugly driveway. Add a beautiful building visible over the wall and a landscaped entrance, and it completely changes the character of the wall.

Back