Toronto CAMH Discovery Centre | 41.6m | 7s | CAMH | KPMB

26 Feb 2012

055ax.jpg

053imc.jpg

Nice, i believe that s the first of a couple more identical ones that they are going to build on that south Queen street location

I have to agree, this is nice. Not only do these buildings look good but they also bring a nice mix of colour to the neighbourhood, along with retail animation.

The buildings look great, the neighbourhood is terrific and the rents here are reasonable.

I'm sorry, but while this building may be alright, the three stumps surrounding it are hideous! What the hell are those horizontal lines of corrugated steel on top doing? Are they supposed to be some kind of architectural element or are they simply there as a pathetic attempt to 'mask' the mechanical boxes?

I was at Camera Bar yesterday to see "Seven Samurai" and I was disgusted by how puerile and unaesthetic these stumps of buildings are. They look sterile and uninviting. It's too bad such a classic neighbourhood is being gentrified with the ugliest and most fruitless architecture going up in this city.

You can see the 'roof' I'm talking about. It's just behind (to the south) of this picture above. ^^^

29 April 2012

This is New Street that bisects the site from east to west.
IMG3890-L.jpg

IMG3883-L.jpg

IMG3892-L.jpg

IMG3894-L.jpg

This is south of New Street at Brookfield and is the nicest high security building I have ever seen.
IMG3896-L.jpg

I like the streetwall along the new southerly extension of Brookfield.
IMG3900-L.jpg

Last edited:
Not a big fan of the street lights ... and that's a very Toronto thing, I'm really curious where they started.

You see them in and around the Harbourfront center and Yorkville.

Back