Toronto CAMH Discovery Centre | 41.6m | 7s | CAMH | KPMB

Yeah, I'm so confused by this -- is there an apostrophe missing, or is it just oddly defeatist branding?

No the apostrophe is not missing, nor is a capital 'I' ...........

It's a nod to the whole 'imperfect produce' thing; making use of misshaped, or otherwise imperfect fruit/veg to save money and the environment.

From their website:

1651511047647.png

The name of the retail tenant somehow seems incongruous with the usage of the building.

The name of the retail tenant somehow seems incongruous with the usage of the building.
Naaaah…

The play on I'm perfect/Imperfect works well here… and everywhere. It's hugely freeing being able to accept one's imperfections, and that goes for anyone's state of mind, assuming you're referring to patients here. We're all easier to live with when we acknowledge and then manifest in our behaviour that we're fallible. Still gotta keep trying to do what's right/best, that's enough to be perfect.

I'm far from perfect...but that never stops me from striving to be better. And for what that is worth.

The shape is similar, but...
a) compare the materials execution from the link
b) all the KPMB renderings in the database are now labelled "Previous Plan",
c) HOK is the only architect in the database (no KPMB).

.. let's just say I'm getting heavy VE vibes. If the database is in error (omitting KPMB)... I'll be thrilled to be wrong.

This was from the June, 2022 newsletter-
https://www.camh.ca/en/camh-news-and-stories/our-final-phase-of-redevelopment

Here is an estimated timeline for the final phase of our redevelopment:

Spring 2022​

Completion of Phase 1C redevelopment. All construction and demolition activities are complete. Fences surrounding the campus are removed, and will open to all community members.

2022-2023​

Numerous submissions and applications to the Ministry of Health, City of Toronto, Infrastructure Ontario, and other partners. Renovation of current spaces to prepare for the relocation of services to unoccupied buildings.

October 2023​

Predicted groundbreaking for the next phase (Phase 1D) to replace existing facilities for patients with complex mental illness who have encountered the legal system. This phase will include “Early Works” - namely the demolition of current buildings on campus including the Community Centre.

January 2024​

Predicted groundbreaking for the next phase (Phase 1D) to build a state-of-the-art Research Centre.

2023-2027​

Ongoing construction work on the Queen Street campus for both buildings. This will include traditional construction and redevelopment activities that we’ve seen in previous phases using large machinery and construction equipment. We appreciate your patience and understanding during this essential work.

Q1 2027​

Substantial completion of the Secure Care and Recovery Building and Research Centre. The majority of the demolition and construction should be complete. We anticipate that most of the noisier, messier, inconvenient work will phase out and work will wrap up.

Q2 2027​

Predicted Grand Opening of two new CAMH buildings on the Queen Street campus to replace existing facilities for patients with complex mental illness who have encountered the legal system, and to consolidate research in one state-of-the-art facility. All construction activities and closures are expected to be complete.

Back