News   Jul 30, 2024
 390     0 
News   Jul 30, 2024
 499     1 

Toronto building code act

DnO

Member Bio
Reaction score
Not sure if this is the right section but wasnt sure where else to post, feel free to move it mods.

Is there an actual book that can be purchased reffering to the toronto building code act/the act itself. It would be handy to have.. all I have found were online files that are exhausting to read through on a screen.

It's the Ontario Building Code. It is available in "hard copy" form, but it's a large and somewhat technical document, obviously meant for people in the business (architects, contractors).

I would think you could buy it from the Ont. government. If you are in the central city, try the Service Ontario office at College Park. I don't know what it would cost; I'd suspect it's not cheap.

You can buy and pick-up hard copies of the Ontario Building Code down at their Mimico office. With respect to residential housing their are several very well illustrated versions for house construction and the electrical code for example. They are essentially guides for dummies, aka everyone in the world whose eyes glaze over when they see something like: Building code reference 5.3.26.2.1 please refer to section 12.5.3.12 in appendix K.

With respect to city by-laws I would also be interested in knowing if there are any handy documents.

Back