Oakville Bronte Village | ?m | 14s | Crombie | BDP Quadrangle

Mike in TO

Member Bio
Reaction score
The Town of Oakville is hosting a public meeting on November 9th regarding a z/bl amendment submitted by Bronte Village Mall regarding the redevelopment
of the Bronte Village Mall with retail, office and residential space. The
proposal includes 14,314-sq.m. of commercial space and 451-residential
units spread out among several buildings (2 x4s, 2x8s, 2x10s and 21s).

Anyone know what's going on with this project? The most recent I could find was an article from Feb. 2010 stating that a meeting between the owner of the mall/BIA proposing the development and the Bronte Village Residents Association was delayed indefinitely.

This project could really transform Bronte, so it would be a shame if it fell through the cracks.

IMG_7564.JPG
IMG_7583.JPG
IMG_7582.JPG
IMG_7581.JPG
IMG_7580.JPG
IMG_7579.JPG
IMG_7576.JPG
IMG_7575.JPG
IMG_7574.JPG
IMG_7573.JPG
IMG_7572.JPG
IMG_7571.JPG
IMG_7570.JPG
IMG_7569.JPG
IMG_7568.JPG

Ventured out to Bronte on Saturday the 27th. (Did you know you can get from downtown Hamilton to Bronte or downtown Oakville for just one city bus fare and a single transfer?!)

Starting off just west of Bronte Creek, heading east:
DSC_0016_PC.jpg

DSC_0037_PC.jpg

DSC_0052_PC.jpg

DSC_0064_PC.jpg

DSC_0063_PC.jpg

Now looking at the public realm along Lakeshore, and what I presume is a privately-owned-public-space. I think it might be a bit lacking—a massive open space without much seating, and where there is seating is sort of off to the side. As well, it doesn't look like any of the retail has been taken up yet.
DSC_0069_PC.jpg

DSC_0070_PC.jpg

DSC_0074_PC.jpg

DSC_0082_PC.jpg

DSC_0085_PC.jpg

A view down the pathway between the apartments and the retail blocks:
DSC_0107_PC.jpg

Some photos from the back of the development along Sovereign Street:
DSC_0122_PC.jpg

DSC_0132_PC.jpg

A look at the Bronte Road side:
DSC_0142_PC.jpg

Finally, a distance shot from Bronte Road and Ontario Street:
DSC_0219_PC.jpg

The open space was fenced off for weeks, months after construction appeared to wrap up. It recently ‘opened’ with the installation of some further planting boxes. But I am not really sure of its purpose, possibly not yet fully realized as the ground floors of the complex still appear to be in development.

And to add to the mix, directly to the south, on the south side of Lakeshore, the redevelopment of a large portion of that block starts pretty soon, a further six stories (?) of condos (The Residences of Brontë Lakeshore) with other development in the mix along the street beginning or in planning stages -

The entire stretch of Lakeshore may become more of a person oriented street…. not sure what the Town is doing re bike lanes. Burlington to Oakville is a very popular biking route for singles to Pelatons.

Back