Toronto The Brixton | 45.41m | 12s | CentreCourt | Graziani + Corazza

I wish G & C could be banished. I really expected better from Centrecourt than to stoop to using such an awful firm.

I dunno, seems pretty par for the course. Started with aA, stooped to P+S, had a quick revert with DSAI, now scraping the bottom of the barrel with G+C.

The unfortunate thing is that it all started so well for them. Peter Street Condos is one of the best buildings in the Entertainment District. Karma is also excellent. But it's all pretty much downhill from there. I'd like to be surprised by Transit City but I do have reservations.

Fundamentally, they're finance guys who are developing. I guarantee they think it all looks great.

Moved? the existing street is staying from my understanding - but will be presumably renamed as this new street will take the Alma Street name.

Moved? the existing street is staying from my understanding - but will be presumably renamed as this new street will take the Alma Street name.
I expect the old Alma will eventually be closed. The new one, only extending for now through the to the industrial operation in behind, would be extended into an eventual redevelopment of that site, future street layout and connections to be determined.

The industrial lands are still designated employment lands - so it would need to be converted through the MCR process first, or be developed as a new employment use. So likely years off. But yes, maybe.

I hope when they do, they properly connect it to Florence at Sheridan. Or just extend Sheridan south and meet Alma west at 90 degrees.

Developer is CentreCourt, architect is Graziani + Corazza:
View attachment 123954

View attachment 123955

I wish G & C could be banished. I really expected better from Centrecourt than to stoop to using such an awful firm.

I dunno, seems pretty par for the course. Started with aA, stooped to P+S, had a quick revert with DSAI, now scraping the bottom of the barrel with G+C.

The unfortunate thing is that it all started so well for them. Peter Street Condos is one of the best buildings in the Entertainment District. Karma is also excellent. But it's all pretty much downhill from there. I'd like to be surprised by Transit City but I do have reservations.

Fundamentally, they're finance guys who are developing. I guarantee they think it all looks great.

BTW, it's not CentreCourt, it's Dufferin Residences LP. One of the CentreCourt principals is a partner in this project.

any word if any of the light industrial space will be rebuilt. I know a lot of people have an issue with the look of the existing building but the uses inside have an important function for local businesses that need cheap industrial space in the neighbourhood.

BTW, it's not CentreCourt, it's Dufferin Residences LP. One of the CentreCourt principals is a partner in this project.

The LP doesn't mean it isn't CentreCourt. The name implies the LP was created specifically for this development. It's a common arrangement between the developer (managing partner) and lenders, equity investors, etc. (limited partners)

Back