Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

Looks like a CIBC is moving next door to Shoppers...

Retail like this is ruing the pedestrian experience in Toronto! Toronto used to be known for its high percentage of independent, creative stores but sadly, that is changing very quickly. Toronto is starting to look like every dull, corporate American city I visit! I don't want a Subway on every damned corner of this city! (nor a Shoppers or a bank)

Not many non-chains can afford the high rent. Plus the lifeless base of these buildings lend themselves to the chain aesthetic.

Starbucks
Bank
Shoppers/Rexall
Subway

At least 1 or 2 of these are going into the base of every new project.

Retail like this is ruing the pedestrian experience in Toronto! Toronto used to be known for its high percentage of independent, creative stores but sadly, that is changing very quickly. Toronto is starting to look like every dull, corporate American city I visit! I don't want a Subway on every damned corner of this city! (nor a Shoppers or a bank)

Though to be fair, there was never any street retail on this site previously.

If there was ever to be a building where there'd be a Shoppers and a Rexall, methinks this'd be it.

Yeah, I think I will need some Lorazepam after staring at this thing.

AoD

Oh my good lord. This hands down wins the award for worst development of 2018 without a question, I cant believe how horrific this is. There's not even one angle that would make this look at least somewhat appealing, Lanterra this is just disgusting.

Last edited:

Back