Toronto The Britt Condos | 142.03m | 41s | Lanterra | Arcadis

Nice streetwall.

I suppose but the actual buildings are embarrassing and depressing. That peach brick condo building with mint green trim is nauseating while the 2 twins to its north are only marginally better. It's blocks like this that add fuel to people's criticism of Toronto being ugly.

There's not much one can do to fix them either. Dynamite the lot.

I suppose but the actual buildings are embarrassing and depressing. That peach brick condo building with mint green trim is nauseating while the 2 twins to its north are only marginally better. It's blocks like this that add fuel to people's criticism of Toronto being ugly.

There's not much one can do to fix them either. Dynamite the lot.

You're exaggerating, I think it looks fine. It's a clean modern newish street scape and while it's not stimulating, I wouldn't call it ugly either.

The reason people criticize Toronto for being ugly is the 70s concrete towers (including NPS, Sheraton, Simpson tower etc...), broken pavement, rusted out street lamp posts, and not enough trees downtown.

City Hall is the exception to the rule. However, sterile buildings like the Sheraton Centre from various decades since the 1950s and a utilitarian public realm contribute greatly to the perception of ugliness. Even when we do things beautifully like Sugar Beach or Berczy Park, the ugliness creeps back in through substandard maintenance. A livable city needs to iron out these wrinkles without becoming an exclusive playground for the rich.

Today.
857D9EE6-C4EA-479E-83F7-5DC9BAEB18AE.jpeg

Attachments

• 857D9EE6-C4EA-479E-83F7-5DC9BAEB18AE.jpeg
    857D9EE6-C4EA-479E-83F7-5DC9BAEB18AE.jpeg
    277.5 KB · Views: 524
According to a Shoppers owner the on again, off again talks to put a Shoppers Drug Mart in here is back on again so we may yet see a Shoppers here. I would think it would be a good spot between all the condos in the area plus the government complex across the street.

Wow very disappointing project. I’d like so see the podium stone in a tower design tho.

^ I think otherwise, I like this podium. It's different from all the other projects we are getting which are mainly glass. I do agree though, they should have taken the podium style all the way up

Back