Brampton Bramalea Square | ?m | 65s | Essence Homes | Core Architects

ShonTron

Member Bio
Reaction score
Early pre-consultation submission for two 200m 65-storey towers at the southwest corner of Queen Street and Dixie Road, on the site of a retail plaza (the official address is 16 Lisa Street). This is across the street from Bramalea City Centre, which is also in the pre-consultation stage for partial mixed-use redevelopment.

I suspect that this is just a planning exercise, put an early concept plan and massing study has been made public.

Site Area – 0.45 hectares
Number of Storeys – 65
Ground Floor Commercial – 1,350m²
Ground Floor Lobby/Amenity (Floor 1) – 844m²  
Gross Floor Area – 110,024m²  Tower Separation above Podium – 25.0 metres 
Units – 1,330 (1B – 798, 2B – 532) 
Floor Space Index (FSI) – 24.05 
Average Tower Floor Plate – 800m²

16 Lisa - 1.jpg

16 Lisa - 2.jpg

16 Lisa - 3.jpg

Early pre-consultation submission for two 200m 65-storey towers at the southwest corner of Queen Street and Dixie Road, on the site of a retail plaza (the official address is 16 Lisa Street). This is across the street from Bramalea City Centre, which is also in the pre-consultation stage for partial mixed-use redevelopment.

I suspect that this is just a planning exercise, put an early concept plan and massing study has been made public.

Site Area – 0.45 hectares
Number of Storeys – 65
Ground Floor Commercial – 1,350m²
Ground Floor Lobby/Amenity (Floor 1) – 844m²  
Gross Floor Area – 110,024m²  Tower Separation above Podium – 25.0 metres 
Units – 1,330 (1B – 798, 2B – 532) 
Floor Space Index (FSI) – 24.05 
Average Tower Floor Plate – 800m²

View attachment 424751

View attachment 424752

View attachment 424753

As mere massing, there isn't much to critique but it's certainly a very dull massing, no real contour.

I don't see that its disproportionate height to the tallest thing around by material multiple is warranted either.

Great site to redevelop, great site for residential intensification and density; but needs to be commensurate with the proposed BRT and not a subway that isn't there, and isn't coming.

As mere massing, there isn't much to critique but it's certainly a very dull massing, no real contour.

I don't see that its disproportionate height to the tallest thing around by material multiple is warranted either.

Great site to redevelop, great site for residential intensification and density; but needs to be commensurate with the proposed BRT and not a subway that isn't there, and isn't coming.

Yeah. I'd like something more thoughtful that covers the entire plaza. The Region of Peel controls both Queen Street and Dixie Road here and will need to be dragged kicking and screaming into making both six-lane roads (up to 9 lanes at intersections) suitable for increased pedestrian activity. The City of Brampton is a bit more enlightened these days - it controls Queen Street west of Highway 410 and generally doesn't do slip lanes on its streets, for example.

The South side of Queen St here has a pretty decent raised pedestrian pathway with a good amount of greenspace from the road. The North side at the development is very narrow and poor.
65 stories would be a new Brampton Record to date surpassing Bristol place at two 48 story towers. This part of Bramalea already has some legacy intensification and is well balanced with lakes, trails, community centres, parks, transit hub at BCC and plenty of grocery, retail, restaurants nearby.

The Region of Peel controls both Queen Street and Dixie Road here and will need to be dragged kicking and screaming into making both six-lane roads (up to 9 lanes at intersections) suitable for increased pedestrian activity. The City of Brampton is a bit more enlightened these days - it controls Queen Street west of Highway 410

Peel is odd in that there are lots of city-controlled arterial streets, like Hurontario, Burnhamthorpe, Bramalea, etc, and fewer regional roads. It's unique in that regard. Likely comes from a relatively high degree of urbanization at the time of regionalization in 1974.

This development is so comically tall that even More Neighbours Toronto people find it excessively tall, it should be more like 40 storeys to keep it in line with the Bramalea City Centre redevelopment

Is this still a planning exercise? They got a website now and it keeps expanding. I'm all for 65 storey condos in Brampton setting a record height, the only thing taller in Peel sounds like those 80+ storey condos at M-City in Mississauga. This is near the new recently announced medical university at Bramalea Civic.
I expect the city is going to have to build a new central library and community centre in the area. There's lots coming with 4 condo towers at Sears and 3 at the Bramalea retirement home just west of this in the 40s ranges.

Last edited:
On a BRT line that is ~10 minutes to a GO station. Doesn't seem too unreasonable to me.

I can't say I love the Lima ones, but they're definitely interesting.

Essence ones look amazing but expensive, I doubt it'll actually end up that detailed.

I like the renderings but also doubtful it will look anything like that. I really hope they don't get forced to cut down the 65 storeys. These towers at their location would redefine the city.
There's no houses near the development to fight against it. Just other towers in the park.

Back