Toronto The Bond | 138.68m | 42s | Lifetime | Core Architects COMPLETE

From the above link:

Rezoning application to permit the redevelopment of the lands for a 36 storey 122m mixed use building complete with retail at grade (5 storey podium) with four levels of below grade parking. The podium level of the building would be used for work/loft purposes and for above grade commercial parking purposes. 282 dwelling units are proposed including 23 Bachelor, 149 one bedroom, 99 two-bedroom, and 11 three bedroom. 244 parking spaces are proposed, 84 of which would be for commercial parking purposes.

290Adelaide.jpg

The 290 Adelaide West lot, between Alice Fazooli's (294 Adelaide West) and Active Green and Ross (284 Adelaide West), just steps away from Hooters. ;)

Last edited:
Mongo; Google maps (like usual) doesn't have the labeling quite right: Alice Fazooli's not only takes up the building they have labeled, but also the larger flat-topped building to its west. Those two buildings are the subject of this application: they are 290 and 294 Adelaide Street West.

Active Green and Ross should be shown as the parking lot and the attendant building at the north end of it of course: they are not part of this proposal.

Meanwhile, Google has all the labels on the south side of Adelaide even more wrong: the Corned Beef house should be at the se corner at Widmer, the Festival Tower Sales Centre should be where they have put the Corned Beef House, the Fox and Fiddle should be where they have the Festival Tower Sales Centre... I'm sure could find more.

The labels on Google maps are done by users as far as I know. If you find wrong labels you can right click on it and report it too.
Perhaps it would be best to use a map with no labels, and draw on the map showing here the development should be.

Mongo; Google maps (like usual) doesn't have the labeling quite right: Alice Fazooli's not only takes up the building they have labeled, but also the larger flat-topped building to its west. Those two buildings are the subject of this application: they are 290 and 294 Adelaide Street West.

Active Green and Ross should be shown as the parking lot and the attendant building at the north end of it of course: they are not part of this proposal.

Meanwhile, Google has all the labels on the south side of Adelaide even more wrong: the Corned Beef house should be at the se corner at Widmer, the Festival Tower Sales Centre should be where they have put the Corned Beef House, the Fox and Fiddle should be where they have the Festival Tower Sales Centre... I'm sure could find more.

Thanks interchange for pointing all those out. I was staring at that map frustratingly trying to get my bearings, but things weren't making sense.

Wow, this is going to be a very dense neighbourhood by the time all these are finished. And there's a similarly scaled building going on the south side right there too, isn't there? Just north of the Lightbox?

Thanks interchange for pointing all those out. I was staring at that map frustratingly trying to get my bearings, but things weren't making sense.

Wow, this is going to be a very dense neighbourhood by the time all these are finished. And there's a similarly scaled building going on the south side right there too, isn't there? Just north of the Lightbox?

Two, actually:

295 Adelaide (SW corner of John + Adelaide)

21-31 Widmer (east side of Widmer, just south of Adelaide)

Wow-- I love the chunky podium on this one which will slot right into a historical streetwall. Sort of reminds me of how M5V and some projects in Yaletown (Vancouver) fit into the streetwall.

More of this plz.

With this and the other one on the corner, you can say goodbye to any sunlight those patios on John Street get. Patio's will go from decent to shady, windswept places where nobody wants to be.

With this and the other one on the corner, you can say goodbye to any sunlight those patios on John Street get. Patio's will go from decent to shady, windswept places where nobody wants to be.

In my experience that stretch is dead during the day anyhow, but comes to life in the evening.

Back