Toronto Bohemian Embassy Flats + Lofts | ?m | 19s | Pemberton | P + S / IBI

• Thread starter TheAlmightyFuzzy
  • Start date
T

TheAlmightyFuzzy

bohemianembassy.ca/baywood/intro_flash.html

Excerpt from the Condo Guide Annual:

In the heart of Toronto's Cultural Capital, you'll find The Bohemian Embassy- 2 distinctive buildings with your kind of individuality and attitude.
The 125 suite, 9 storey midrise features ......The 209 suite, 19 storey tower offers bachelors...

Also, Freed developments to going to soon release their next loft project, 11 storey 75 Portland.

Fuzzy:

Do you know what is at 75 Portland right now? I know the street, but can't recall what's at that address.

Wow, Freed has really taken over that neighbourhood.

"Bohemian Embassy" is a good name for a project. It certainly beats the tired references to New York.

75 Portland is directly across the street form 66 Portland.
The site has an old warehouse building set back from the street with a parking lot in front. I'm not sure how many buildings are included on the site.

There was a mention this project a few weeks back in the Globe with the closing of the Artword Theater at this site.

I believe that is true Mystery Man TO about that location.

And that area is definitely being transformed quickly into a hip loft neighbourhood by all these developments. The most prominent being 550 Wellington:

125207946_2369bc4860_o.jpg

Thanks Mystery Man TO,

There are still quite a few potential development sites along Portland all the way up to Queen. I have a feeling that the street will look very, very different in the next five years.

Yes, Portland's got a lot happening and interestingly most of it is not high rise.

There's the rumored Home Depot at Queen, the 59 at Richmond is under construction, plus Victoria Square is going to be renovated/restored and there's the future pedestrian bridge over the railway to Cityplace, which will have the Douglas Coupland park.

Speaking of 550 Wellington, i saw an ad in the newest wallpaper magazine for it. They are really going to town with the marketing with this condo. I've seen numerous full page colour ads in newspapers. Some beautiful renderings to be seen.

And besides Home Depot, don't forget the new Lee Valley...

Speaking of 550 Wellington, i saw an ad in the newest wallpaper magazine for it. They are really going to town with the marketing with this condo. I've seen numerous full page colour ads in newspapers. Some beautiful renderings to be seen.

There's even a TV commercial airing on CityTV. The ad budget for this project must be huge. Ads everywhere... There's also a huge billboard on Davenport just east of Avenue.

As a resident of Ottawa; Lee Valley's HQ, please shop there alot. They have their design offices, factories, warehouses located here. THe more you shop at Lee Valley, the better man you will be.

they need to start advertising on the side of trash bins, like montage. that's how the true moneyed class makes decisions on real estate investment.

Rendering of Bohemian Embassy found in today's Metro newspaper. Sorry for the fuzziness of the render and the bad quality.

237167186_0f62fe56e0_o.png

Doesn't look so "Bohemian," does it?

Anyone have any info/rumours/wildly vivid speculations concerning the Home Despot on Queen? Didn't this rumour replace the rumour of a Loblaws on the same location?

Back